Eden Scott's is delighted to be working in partnership with a fast-growing business which was founded in 2013 and offers a globally accessible online Scottish auction site specialising in whiskies, as well as wine and rum. They are the global market leader and trusted authority on the buying and selling of whisky and spirits at auction and they successfully have utilised their expertise and knowledge combined with their auction platform to increase interest and passion in the whisky and spirits.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a dynamic and experienced operations professional to join the company in a newly created role of Head of Operations based in their Perth head office.
This critical appointment will oversee all their operational activities. This role will report to their Managing Director and will have direct line management of the operational team including the digital content team, the customer services team and the warehouse team who are responsible for the day to day operational running of the business.
The role will have both strategic and operational ownership and accountability across the management and delivery of all customer experiences.
Key activities and responsibilities:
Drive for results:
- To deliver bottom line profit whilst maintaining integrity of the operation and client relationships
- To increase top line revenue by establishing and developing new client relationships
- Lead and develop key projects in order to drive strategic objectives
- To line manage an operational team and to ensure that all teams operate efficiently and effectively
- To drive a culture of high-quality customer service
- To drive a brand-focused culture and maintaining a focus at all times on their mission statement, values and objectives
- Establish and embrace new systems, processes and procedures, acting as a role model in adopting these
- Take a lead on developing, influencing and building effective relationships with clients, colleagues and other key stakeholders
Key skills required:
- Significant leadership and people management experience - successfully managed successful teams of people (for example within a customer focused environment such as retail, online sales or a similar industry). We are looking for a strong operational leader with knowledge and experience of operating under pressure.
It is essential that the successful candidate has demonstrable and exceptional people management skills with people engagement and people development principles at the core, also having a knowledgeable approach to the provision of exemplary and world class customer service through people.
- Innovative and creative in approach - someone who is a strong problem solver and decision maker. Candidates must also be able to demonstrate a full practical understanding of what it takes operationally to create and sustain best in class customer service. Applicants should wish to be part of a business that has big plans and willing to put in the work to help drive that success.
- Significant breadth and depth of understanding and influence of the customer journey in order to provide the very best customer service.
- Strong operational experience, business acumen, budget management and solid commerciality in a fast-paced environment.
Ideally, you will be interested in whisky, wine and other spirits, as well as being keen to expand on your knowledge of these subjects.
Excellent competitive salary dependent on experience with significant company benefits including annual bonus. Flexible working considered.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity with a fast-growing and entrepreneurial employer please submit your CV online or to firstname.lastname@example.org and for an informal chat or to receive the full role information pack and job description please call Sally on 07776 662506.
Closing date for applications 5.00pm Friday 20th November 2020, please note applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received.