SAI Global, a global provider of Risk Management Solutions, is recruiting for a Field Team Manager to lead and manage our Food Service Auditors throughout both the UK and Europe. The role, which will have 4 direct reports (Team Leaders) based in the UK and Europe, will have responsibility for the line management of all auditors (both Employees and Subcontractors). You will ensure that all auditors are properly trained, equipped and able to deliver client audits in line with SAI’s SLAs and KPIs. As part of the EMEA Operational Leadership Team, the Field Team Manager will also work closely with the Operations Director, EMEA and Client Servicing Teams to ensure that appropriately qualified auditors are available to meet service demand.
Due to the nature of the role, knowledge of auditing in the UK and Europe in relation to Food Safety is essential as the Field Team Manger will also conduct shadow and witness audits as part of on-going performance management. An overview of the main duties of the role has been provided below, and a full copy of the Job Description is available upon request:
- Develop Team Leaders through coaching and mentoring;
- Ensure all Auditors are appropriately qualified and trained to fulfil their roles;
- Manage Auditor performance, and implement support actions where required;
- Identify high performing individuals and those that display potential to take on additional responsibilities and ensure that they are mentored and provided the opportunity to develop their management skills;
- Work closely with the Operations Director, EMEA and Client Servicing Teams to ensure that appropriately qualified auditors are available to meet service demand;
- Alongside the Operations Director, EMEA prepare accurate and timely financial budgets, forecasts and cost-to-serve models;
- Be the focal point for Account Managers to raise BAU service delivery issues and queries;
- Ensure all Auditors are effectively utilised and work closely with Team Leaders and Scheduling Teams to ensure that claims for audit time and expenses are accurate;
- Manage audit team recruitment, induction, on-the-job coaching, training and approval of auditors where appropriate and as required;
- Develop, implement and maintain key performance indicators, business metrics and external benchmarking data that enables the Operational Leadership Team to measure the quality and level of service delivery;
- Ensure that all client and internal SLAs and KPIs are met on a regular basis and, where required, take action to rectify performance issues.
Experience and Skillset required:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience;
- Demonstrable experience of managing teams, ideally in a remote capacity with experience of coaching and mentoring;
- Relevant and demonstrable experience in food service and or food retail auditing;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office alongside the ability to use mobile devices to capture information.
- Level 3 in Food Safety, Health and Safety, and HACCP.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required;
- Demonstrated customer focus and strong relationship building skills; Ability to work independently and with the minimum of supervision; Ability to motivate and inspire; Strong organization and planning skills; Ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure; High attention to detail; Adept approach to problem solving; Ability to multi-task; Strong analytical and numerical skills; Excellent observational skills; Commitment to ongoing professional development; Logical approach to planning and organizing.
Please note, both UK-wide and European travel will be required as part of this role (when appropriate to do so). As such, a valid Passport and Driving License is essential.
SAI Global provides a range of solutions, services and expertise to help individuals and organizations manage risk. Our business comprises four core divisions:
- Risk management solutions: We help companies take an integrated approach to risk lifecycle management through an innovative mix of industry expertise, market-leading software and ethics learning solutions;
- Global standards: We are a trusted provider of standards, technical information and regulatory content to organizations globally;
- Australian property broking and information: We are Australia’s largest provider of property information and settlement services and support confident decision making across all stages of the property lifecycle;
- Assurance certification and training: We provide accredited audit and certification services based on third-party endorsed management systems, and world-class training, to support organizations gain efficiencies, improve performance and ensure compliance.
Underpinning all SAI Global’s diverse, market-leading solutions are proven and trusted business methodologies, powered by local expertise and know how.
We have global reach, with locations across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific.