Eden Scott is currently working with a leading meat manufacturer in the Aberdeenshire area, which is going through a significant period of growth and positive change, having recently been acquired by a successful wider group. The business is investing heavily in all aspects of the site and has a number of CAPEX projects ongoing in order to improve both the production capacity and the site infrastructure. The business has been well-established in the locality for some time & has gone from strength to strength over the past year, with a burgeoning order book and a significant increase in demand for its products from the major UK retailers. They are looking for a Site Operations Manager with the headroom to progress into a Site Director position longer term. This person will be a progressive leader with the ability to manage people and processes alike & help guide the business through this exciting stage of their life-cycle.
The ideal candidate may well be someone from elsewhere in the UK who is open to relocating to a fantastic part of Scotland for this exciting opportunity to forge a long-term career.
The Site Operations Manager will be a crucial part of the company’s Senior Leadership Team and be responsible for all of the site’s manufacturing output- ensuring production KPIs are met- whilst adhering to all relevant food quality standards and safety legislation. You’ll be tasked with driving people engagement across the site, improving the working culture of the production teams and leading continuous improvement projects in order to increase manufacturing efficiencies. You’ll build strong relationships with other functions; HR, Finance, Commercial, Engineering etc, whilst offering input into the longer-term strategic direction of the operation. The site is a significant size and has a workforce of 400+, so the successful candidate will have the ability to effectively lead and coach through others, as well as being able to engage with individuals from shop-floor level through to Group.
The company are looking for a high-calibre individual who has the following qualities, along with being keen on progressing their career and developing into a more senior role medium-term.
- Significant knowledge and management experience of food production, processing, and operations (preferably meat or high risk/chilled manufacturing)
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop teams to achieve established goals and improve performance
- Budget and cost management skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exemplary interpersonal, communication, and negotiating skills
- Capable of sound judgement and making considered business decisions quickly and whilst under pressure
- Commitment to good practice and leading by example & a strong team player
- Communicates well in written and oral form with multi-nationals on all levels
- Ability to multitask and work under own initiative to deliver to deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of lean/continuous improvement processes, ideally with a formalised C.I qualification
If this sounds of interest, please apply now for a confidential discussion, or contact Richard Cross at Eden Scott on 0131 5501120 for more information.