As a major food business with a modern production unit our recent sales growth has been second to none.
Due to this growth we are currently recruiting an engineer.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be ensuring the smooth running of the factory by resolving predominately mechanical and electrical breakdowns, delivering maintenance and driving improvements across the site in terms of new machinery, hygiene, quality, and performance.
Every individual has a responsibility for Health and Safety, and this must be at the forefront of all engineering activity.
- Expected to carry out all maintenance across the factory, in both a low care and high care environment
- Work with engineering team to test install and commission new equipment.
- Attend to breakdowns onsite ensuring that there is always a rapid response and that plant equipment and machinery breakdown time is minimised. Always endeavour to reduce downtime of site plant and machinery;
- Carry out repairs to plant and equipment during production, effectively and efficiently, either alone and/or as part of a team;
- To carry out PPM onsite whilst always ensuring that there is a pro-active approach to planned maintenance and a high PPM output;
- Deliver on plant uptime and maintenance KPIs through planned, preventative & predictive maintenance;
- Deliver improvement work on machinery and site improvement work;
- Ensure Engineering time is managed effectively and that that there is low Engineering down-time;
- Minimum of 3 years’ engineering experience preferably food or packaging.
- Multi-skilled with formal engineering qualification to NVQ Level 3 or higher, in an electrical or mechanical subject.
- Nationally recognised apprenticeship in an engineering discipline.
- Possess 17th or 18th Edition Certification;
Training and Education:
The jobholder may be expected to complete training in the following areas. The requirements will be dependent on the jobholder’s previous experience, knowledge, qualifications, and the demands of the specific activities.
- Health & Safety
- Technical and process training applicable to the role
- Manual handling
- Manual/Electric pallet truck
- Safe systems of work
- Food handling/hygiene
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 2962/126fmj
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
All direct or third party applications will be forwarded to our retained consultants – Veritas Partnership Limited
All applications to roles advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd are reviewed by our team of consultants. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we are unfortunately unable to respond to each applicant individually, therefore if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.