Background & Role
We are a dynamic new and innovative Scottish business with a recently launched brand of highly innovative and healthy plant based retail products. This is an exciting time to join us as we have just raised major funding to fuel our rapid growth. With a minimum three years’ experience under your belt, we are looking for an entrepreneurially spirited, highly motivated individual with track record of success to drive forward our ambitious NPD plans.
You the Candidate
You are full of energy, nothing will phase you, if you don’t know how to do it, you will find out. You have a “can do” attitude, a thirst to learn and will thrive under pressure, with experience in delivery from concept to final product. With a finger on the pulse of the latest food trends, your passion for food and your positive attitude will help you stand out from the crowd.
- You will be responsible for managing the full NPD process from the initial brief through to product launch.
- Implement an EPD program as well as managing range extensions
- Lead research and trials on sustainable packaging options
- Ensuring product safety & labelling compliance
- Create and implement a QA program for 3rd party suppliers
- Keeping up to date technical records and accreditations of 3rd party suppliers
- Play a key role in the future ideation team
Secondary Responsibilities (Support)
- Work with our own Wick factory team to support continuous improvement of process and product
- Supporting commercial team at trade shows and with customer documentation
- Attendance at relevant team & cross functional meetings
- Visiting Suppliers in the UK and Abroad
As the ideal candidate you must be………….
- Degree educated or equivalent in food technology / science
- 3 years’ experience in relevant role
- Project management experience
- Excellent personal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Good knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- A passion for food