This highly successful business is the creative and manufacturing organisation behind a large portfolio of well-known products, supplied directly to retailers, under brand and license, and to further large-scale manufacturing.
Reporting to the Quality Manager you will help manage quality and food safety systems required in the manufacture of products. This will involve ensuring the company codes of practise are being followed adhering to current legislation, through HACCP, internal audits, quality review as well as supporting the process and production. You will also work with other departments to resolve issues which arise in meeting customer expectations.
- To establish the role of QSM within the technical function, working alongside the Quality Manager to deliver an outstanding service to the business
- To ensure up to date systems are in place for all site Operations, in order to provide safe, legal and high quality products.
- To ensure systems, whether documented or in practise, are compliance with industry and customer standards and codes of practice.
- Role deputises for the site Quality Manager in terms of holiday, sickness and unannounced audit cover.
- Manage internal specifications, recipes and process instructions. Audit current practise to ensure compliance
- To gap analyse quality systems versus site operations, ensuring that all site operations are fully documented at all times
- To gap analyse quality systems versus relevant retailer codes of practise and create and implement systems to bring site operations into compliance with such standards.
- To administer the site HACCP system and Quality Management system ensuring the current factory practices are captured at all times. The Quality Manager enforces operation of HACCP, the Quality Systems Manager owns administration of the data.
- Working with the Operations team, administer documents pertaining to due diligence, such as swab records and PRP controls. Assist the Quality Manager in the continuous improvement of the site’s PRP.
- To review customer complaints investigations and produce customer reports in a timely manner
- To ensure internal audits cover off the requirements within third party and customer codes of practise and are conducted to schedule. Ensure audits are documented accordingly and actions closed out in a timely manner.
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience and knowledge of the food industry, working within a similar position.
- Possess good interpersonal skills, and excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Be ‘Customer Focused’ and have the ability and confidence to deal with difficult situations in a tactful and diplomatic manner, thus maintaining the professional image of the Company.
- A meticulous attention to detail.
- An understanding of raw materials and their specifications.
- Computer literate, with excellent IT skills and experience of Data Management.
- A good all-round educational standard, preferably with a Degree/HND/BTEC in a food-related subject.
- Flexible attitude to work,
- Ability to plan, manage and prioritise workload, in order to meet customer specified deadlines.
- Hold a clean driving licence.
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to email@example.com.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.