Logistics & Planning Coordinator
Hellaby (home of KP Nuts)
As our Logistics & Planning Coordinator, you'll ensure accurate smooth transactions of material stock movements, in, through and out of the Hellaby site, taking full ownership for stock reconciliation with our 3PL partners.
You'll also take ownership of the Process production plan working closely with the Process area (fry and oven lines) and provide support for the Production Planning Manager and Material Manager.
A little bit about the factory...
Size: Employs 200 permanent staff, site is 13,000m² and operates both 24/7 and 24/5 shift patterns
History: The original KP started in the 1890s in Rotherham as Kenyon Produce. In 2014 production moved a few miles down the road to our newly built factory in Hellaby
Products: All kinds of nuts though mainly peanuts - salted, dry roasted, honey roasted or flavoured, e.g. with Chilli or Salt & Vinegar. 72% KP branded, plus own label
Key stats: Hellaby processes 20,000 tonnes of nuts a year - that’s 120 million packs! Bag sizes range from 25g to a 1kg bag
Some of your key areas of responsibility will include:
- Responsible for stock accuracy within internal and external warehousing - Investigate route causes and follow up discrepancies on floor stocks with long term corrective measures
- Warehouse space - Verify that there is enough space for receiving raw materials
- Issues & Returns of Materials – To ensure that all movements of materials are recorded for traceability and Inventory updates. Support variance analysis with BOM maintenance
- Stock control – change material quality status in line with quality procedures
- Goods Inwards Deliveries – ensure receipts are correctly transacted as quickly as possible
- Manage the annual stock take and cycle counts
- Delivery of key metrics and information at site for data integrity
- Responsible for reporting on SLOBs (slow-moving, obsolescent stock) risks
- Production planning – Build, maintain and own a JIT production plan for the Process Area delivering >98.5% Service level
- Deliver Finished Goods DOH of >72% and Phase MPSA target
- Support the Production and Material Managers with wrap production and material planning including full holiday cover
- Capacity plans adjusted for labour shortages, equipment planned outages and other known variables
- IWS – Be an active member of the SN (Supply Network) Pillar
The multi-award-winning culture at KP Snacks is friendly, welcoming and supportive. We encourage everyone to be the best they can be, working together to achieve great results.
Lots more great, flexible beneifits