Are you able to effectively communicate customer requirements into clear specifications?
Can you manage multiple streams of working in a fast paced FMCG environment?
Do you have experience working cross functionally in a national sized company?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Leading Branded Food Manufacturer on the search for a Specifications Technologist. This is a permanent role based in Midlothian.
As the Specifications Technologist you will be accountable for the accuracy of internal and customer specifications. This will encompass H&S, Food Safety, Food Legality, Food Quality, and Customer Service.
- Working closely with NPD and other departments to create and maintain up to date, correct customer specifications
- Working closely with NPD and other departments to create and maintain up to date, clear internal specifications and associated work instructions, visual standards and records that match external/ customer specifications, where required
- Working with NPD to approve artwork
- Regularly review internal and external specifications and associated documents, updating as necessary
- Maintaining site Bartender label system, adding new labels and updating existing ones as needed
- Maintaining technical SAP inputs i.e. BOMs etc.
- Regularly check customer online systems and work with site technical team to respond to any specification requests, surveillance and alerts in a timely manner
- Provide cover for Quality Systems Administrator when required
What we are looking for:
- Communication skills, oral and written
- Good time management skills, able to organise and prioritise their workload effectively
- Team player
- Experience within the food industry is highly desirable
- Experience working within brand guidelines
- Very detail focused and diligent
- Remain calm under pressure
- Prior knowledge of SAP And Bartender would be a big plus
Salary on offer is up to £27k + benefits.
Please contact Jon McNeish today for further information