Job ref: 62718 | c. £23,000 | North West
You will be working for a well-established, family-run business which prides themselves on creating and supplying the highest quality products to retailers, foodservice and specialist outlets throughout the UK.
As Quality Controller, you will assist in maintaining the quality and HACCP systems and make sure they are followed in the factory whilst undertaking CCP monitoring as required. You will also identify improvements to current ways of working and quality procedures and bring them to the Technical Manager’s attention.
In addition to this you will:
- Carry out glass / foreign body audits
- Carry out product quality & quantity (volumetric) checks
- Complete, check and maintain all due diligence production quality records
- Carry out weekly calibration of probes, scales, tanks, and other equipment
- Pre-operation hygiene checks
- Prepare and carry out routine swabbing (Listeria, ATP, Environmental and Allergen)
- Raise non-conformances for out of specification finished product, ATP swabs, ingredients and production issues
- Train production staff on quality procedures
- Assist in factory trials of new products and first production
- Assist in preparation for third party and external audits
To be successful, you must have previous experience in a quality assurance or quality control role within food manufacturing.
Whilst not vital, a degree in a food science or food technology subject plus HACCP qualifications would be highly desirable.
You should have an eye for detail, be a team player and equally work under your own initiative.
The Quality Controller job is based in the North West region and is paying c. £23,000 according to individual skills and previous experience. This role is shift based on a 45 hour week – with overtime paid at 1.5 times standard.
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Quality Controller job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly, and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All our consultants have considerable recruitment experience so you can be confident they have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternate job titles
QA Technologist | QC Technologist | Food Manufacturing | Cheshire | Quality Controller jobs | Quality Assurance | Technical jobs | HACCP jobs | Jobs in Food Safety