A leading food business with an extremely strong presence in the UK market. They're undergoing a period of transformation and are looking for a leader who will bring vision, energy and dynamism to a complex multi-site business.
The Head of Quality & Food Safety will create, implement and maintain world class end-to-end quality assurance/control and food safety systems, thereby promoting the business and also protecting consumers and brands.
The role requires an in-depth understanding and proactive involvement in developing all aspects of the quality agenda, demonstrating the technical knowledge and critical thinking abilities to enhance the quality of the finished goods and to prevent or eliminate the potential for food safety issues.
The position will be accountable for ensuring appropriate quality standards are consistently achieved by suppliers, vendors and service providers through quality programmes along with quality management oversight.
- Extensive experience within a food (or FMCG) quality and safety role.
- Experience in a corporate management position holding responsibility for quality management and initiatives.
- Experience in building strong quality management teams and systems.
- Excellent analytical skills, strong attention to detail, good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage a multi-disciplinary team, including food quality assurance / control, food safety and compliance in a growing corporate and manufacturing environment with focus on continuous improvement.