Who are we?
A pioneer of organic home delivery, Abel & Cole is a brand famous for seasonal organic fruit & veg. Since 1988 we’ve built close relationships with other brilliant organic pioneers in order to deliver a wide range of fantastic organic food to people’s homes across much of England. We represent a refreshing alternative to supermarket shopping, but without being worthy or preachy. No air freight, no silly packaging, no nasty chemicals – just great food produced by people who really love what they do. We deliver to around 40,000 households and we employ nearly 600 great people. We consider ourselves bold, irreverent, genuine, friendly and honest, and it is crucial that this comes across in everything we do.
We are seeking a proactive and driven individual to join our Compliance Team. As a Compliance Technologist you will assist Technical Compliance Manager in the management of all aspects of quality assurance and legal compliance within the company so that the best possible procedures are in place to allow top quality, safe and legal products to be produced at all times.
As a member of the Technical team, you will be relied upon to apply critical thinking and drive decision making process utilising your technical knowledge. In return we provide a fun and collaborative working environment in a department that truly is at the centre of delivering amazing produce to our customers. A varied, fast paced role with excellent benefits make this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the Technical team at A&C. If you believe you would be a great fit for this role read on to find out more:
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
· Provide support for the Agronomy & Production Team on product intake and shelf-life checks. Advise on rejections, grading and shelf-life requirements. Action quality issues at source
· Support development and implementation of Food Safety & Quality Manual (FSQM) documentation, specification, and procedures
· Provide FSQM & Product Quality training to Operations and supporting teams
· Carry out FSQM Internal Audits and inspections against agreed schedule and maintain non-conformance system
· Carry out random and scheduled inspections for process control data and real time monitoring
· Ensure all documentation is completed and retained for due diligence purposes. Action deficiencies
· Ensure all validation, verification and monitoring activities are carried out according to the agreed schedule
· Ensure calibration and maintenance and of monitoring devices and systems
· Ensure product testing and sampling is completed against the agreed schedules and in line with the sampling procedures
· Monitor trend and investigate complaints, advise business where actions need to be taken
· Ensure calibration and maintenance of product testing devices and systems
· Assist with validation and verification trials in the continuous development of HACCP and FSQM procedures
· Provide trend analysis and KPI data to the business to guide decision making process
· To operate in a safe working manner and supporting the sites continuous improvement to health, safety and the environment
Act as an ambassador for our B Corp values: make all decisions with our social and environmental impact in mind and look for opportunities, no matter how small, to use our business as a force for good.
Here’s what we are looking for:
· Proven experience within the food industry or be educated to a degree in a food science related discipline
· Excellent communication, administration, and IT skills
· Strong collaborative skills
· Strong work ethic and be a self-starter
· Good observational skills and high attention to detail
· Excellent organisational and time management skills with ability to prioritise
· Level 2 or 3 Food Safety qualification
· Level 2 or 3 HACCP qualification
· Auditing qualification
37.5, Saturday to Wednesday
What we offer
· Up-to-Salary of £24,000 per annum
· 30 days, inclusive of bank holidays
· A free box of fruit and veg every week (It’s pretty delicious!) alongside company discount of up to 35%
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Contributory pension scheme
Abel & Cole promotes equal opportunities for all employees. We want our employees to develop their talents to the full for the benefit of all. Members of staff are expected to take personal responsibility for keeping our workplace free from discrimination - a place where everyone is treated respectfully.