Billingham (Home of McCoy's, Discos, Wheat Crunchies and more)
The Quality Technologist will support day to day management of the Quality function for the site, be responsible for driving food safety and quality standards. The role is operationally focused and he/she will be expected to spend a significant proportion of time in a manufacturing environment.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, this role has a direct responsibility for food safety and quality assurance activities at the Teesside site. As key member of the site Technical team, you will be working closely with the Quality Manager, Technical Manager, Technical team and key personnel from other departments.
- Driving food safety and influencing high quality standards within the factory
- Supporting the site implementation of IWS – attend DDS meetings, carry out health-checks and be a member of the Q Pillar.
- Goods in analysis and approval of raw materials
- Management of specifications and delivery records for raw materials
- Support the site’s Quality Management System
- Support the site Internal Audit programme to meet BRC, AIB and customer standards, ensuring compliance to the audit schedule, effective close out of non conformances and training and support to the cross-functional team
- Support allergen management within the factory
- Lead complaint management, investigation & trending to influence a site wide focus
- Support management & control of all technical documentation (preparation, issuing and filing)
- Assist the launch of new products, ensuring that products are compliant with HACCP and specifications
- Support the HACCP system and be an active member of the team
- Management & completion of site GMP audit plan
- Work effectively within the broader site teams during customer or 3rd party visits or audits whilst supporting the Technical department
- Management of all site sensory activities, including end of life and benchmark reviews of online evaluation and daily offline evaluation
- Routine technical related activities and testing
- Use of site or company systems e.g. BUDDY, FMES etc.
- Other projects as required by the site or company
- Support of the lab team with analytical tests (salt content, sugar contents, oil quality)
- Maintenance of lab procedures and documentation (risk assessments, operating procedures, purchasing of consumables).
- Training colleagues in quality procedures and methods
The multi-award-winning culture at KP Snacks is friendly, welcoming and supportive. We encourage everyone to be the best they can be, working together to achieve great results.