Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Job ref: 62727 | up to £30,000 | Essex
We are seeking a talented individual to work for an innovative, high quality manufacturer which supplies to various retailers throughout the UK.
Reporting to the Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for carrying out planned maintenance tasks and site repairs along with providing engineering support for the operations team.
Typical daily duties will include:
- Respond to production-related issues involving plant or machinery
- Carry out any planned maintenance tasks as directed and to the required standard in line with company and industry standards
- Participate in site-wide operational projects, for example installation of new equipment and plant, de-commissioning of machinery or other project-based activities
- Complete any necessary engineering administration
- Operate a clean as you go policy, ensuring full compliance with food hygiene standards
To be considered for the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer job, you will possess:
- Experience within a similar role that covers both electrical and mechanical engineering responsibilities
- Ideally have previously worked on a preventative maintenance engineering basis with the ability to troubleshoot and fault-find
- Worked within food manufacturing, although other FMCG industries will certainly be considered
- Good knowledge of packaging machinery
- Ideally hold relevant engineering mechanical and/or electrical qualifications i.e. 18th Edition
- Health & Safety and/or Food Safety qualifications also advantageous
The Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer job is based in Essex and is paying up to £30,000 according to previous experience.
The hours will be a weekly rotating shift pattern of 6 am – 2 pm and 2 pm – 10 pm.
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly, and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All our consultants have considerable recruitment experience so you can be confident they have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternate job titles
Maintenance Technician | Manufacturing Engineer | Production Engineer | Electrical Engineer | Maintenance Engineer | Mechanical Engineer | FMCG Engineering Jobs | Food Production Engineering Jobs | Multi-skilled Engineer