We require a highly motivated individual to join a busy team in a fast-paced environment, located on the East side of Greater London.
The Quality Assurance Assistant will be responsible for the monitoring and verification of all food safety, legality and quality procedures as outlined within the company’s Food Safety and Quality Management System
Your duties will include:
- Working alongside the Quality and Production teams;
- Assisting Production Manager and Supervisors and Quality Manager in implementing and maintaining quality and food safety procedures, policies and standards;
- Monitoring and verification checks throughout the factory, including temperature, CCPs and pre-requisite requirements.
- Overseeing the entire production process by looking out for specific problems, minutely observing the units of goods produced for visible defects, performing various tests on the samples drawn, noting down observations and accepting or rejecting lots on the basis of samples checked;
- Ensuring that all food handling employees understand and comply with food safety and hygiene standards, procedures and policies, and conduct training where necessary;
- Maintaining the traceability system and organising the archiving of all production records to ensure accurate due diligence / BRC audit paperwork;
- Ensuring all recording equipment is calibrated and used effectively whilst providing full support to the Production team by sharing your expert knowledge on all aspects of quality assurance;
- Carrying out various tests and recording results on a range of food products as well as ensuring labels and artwork are to specification;
- Investigating internal Non-conformances (NCR’s)
- Inspecting products upon their arrival against the pre-defined quality specs;
- Ensuring information on product quality is continually fed back to the Technical and Production Managers;
- Assisting the Quality Manager in conducting internal audits and in the maintenance of the site’s BRC certification.
- Any other associated tasks as required.
The successful applicant must be a self-motivated individual who has the ability to set their own work rate to meet daily deadlines. Applicants must be computer literate, numerate and be capable of working as part of a team.
- Collect information to support the investigation of production quality concerns
- Complete internal process audits across production including data capture
- Support continuous development of visual standards
- Support quality control activities within Production
- Communicate quality updates and instructions to Production and confirm effective implementation
- Support and organise quality related material control and segregation across all areas of Production
- Support implementation and maintenance of systems compliant to necessary standards
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working in a Quality Assurance environment preferably gained in a similar production environment (e.g. Food, Chemicals, Pharmaceutical)
- Good knowledge of formal quality standards e.g. ISO 9000, UFAS, GMP (Essential)
- Experience with third party auditing processes e.g. EFSIS, BRC (Desirable)
- Previous Quality Assurance experience (Desirable)
- Computer literate, especially Word and Excel (intermediate level)
- Good communication skills (Essential)
Candidate must be reliable in both attendance & time keeping. A good attitude towards ensuring working procedures are adhered to is essential.
Salary level: £22,000 +/ annum Negotiable (depending on experience)
Job Type: Full Time (weekend work may be required on occasion)
Working Hours: 40 hours / week
Indicative Salary Range: £22000 - 25000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.