Site Reliability and Regional PM Excellence Leader
Under the direction of the Haddenham Plant Director, this position is responsible for providing the EMEA region with leadership, direction and functional expertise in implementation of a world-class Maintenance Program, in support of the McCormick Journey to Excellence framework. The position is responsible for the development and deployment of the regional Planned Maintenance (PM) strategy working closely on asset lifecycle with the Regional Engineering Director, and the coaching of plant Engineering, Maintenance and Continuous Improvement managers in deployment across 5 factories. For the Haddenham factory, the position is responsible for development of the asset masterplan and accountable for Project Engineering delivery alongside the effective implementation of the Maintenance Strategy as defined above, to achieve plant reliability and cost targets.
• Create and execute the Regional PM Pillar Plan and Strategy in line with Journey to Excellence (JTE) Masterplan (McCormick’s Continuous Improvement framework).
• Ensure effective liaison with regional Engineering Director on link to asset life-cycle and masterplan.
• Working closely with Plant Directors, lead and support Plant PM implementation, assessment, audits, and capability building.
• Collaborate with Plant Directors, CI and Maintenance Leaders on PM methodology and progress, ensuring effective deployment, cross-site connection and consistency.
• Ensure optimal technology is deployed to create visibility of Maintenance journey, results and link to efficiency gains alongside external benchmarking.
• For own site, coach and lead employees to deploy the PM pillar and build PM capability in Operations and Maintenance.
• Ensure effective link to other JTE pillars (e.g. AM, T&D)
• Ensure analysis of Maintenance losses and lead maintenance savings projects or efficiency improvement projects across the site.
• Review Engineering and Maintenance organization, and provide recommendation on Org design (aligned to regional PM pillar)
• Own the delivery of site Maintenance budget, and ensure year-on-year reduction in technical losses aligned with maintenance and capital spend
• Ensure Safety and Quality standards are primary cultural considerations for the Engineering and maintenance team
• As a Site Leadership Team member, key focus is to drive a highly engaged Engineering and Maintenance team in conjunction with the talent development agenda.
• In conjunction with the Plant Director and Site Leadership Team, develop the site asset masterplan to deliver necessary growth and innovation, whilst also addressing efficiency, obsolescence and legal compliance projects.
• Ensure Capital Asset Acquisition Process (CAAP) annual budget process is delivered and alignment gained through relevant stakeholders, whilst adequate spend tracking, forecasting and project reviews are in place.
• Ensure engineering projects are correctly scoped, planned, funded and executed to deliver project KPI’s in line with the Plant’s roadmap.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related discipline is required
• Demonstratible working experience in Manufacturing operations.
• Experience and fluency in CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems), understanding of TPM methodology and interdependencies; proven experience PM step 0->3 minimum.
• Background in mature TPM organization.
• Experience as Plant Technical/ Engineering manager or Chief Engineering manager, preferably in Food processing.
• Provide mid-level sponsorship (coaching, teaching, resistance management, etc) to the team.
• Ability to provide key insights to leadership to influence priority development.
• Ability to create people change plan for strategic initiatives.
• Ability to develop action plans, obtain or assign resources, and align day-to-day processes to achieve strategic goals.
• Ability to use appropriate root cause analysis decision tools for decision making.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 84088).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.