Snack Creations is a world leader in the production of plant based, snack pellets. Our aim is to collaborate with health focused brands and manufacturers, providing innovative, market leading snacking solutions.
Due to internal promotions, we are now looking for someone to join the team as a Production Manager.
The Production Manager will own and drive excellent operational shift performance across the department through effective leadership, ensuring optimum utilisation of resources, prioritised to deliver and exceed targets in Health and Safety, OEE, Line efficiency, Quality and Cost.
This role is across a continental shift pattern working 2 day shifts (6am – 6pm), 2 night shifts (6pm – 6am) and 4 days rest.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Monitor and drive the standards necessary to meet/exceed the standards of Health, Safety and hygiene.
- Prioritise labour levels to ensure the lines are resourced safely with the right skills
- Ensure that stretching process targets are met through KPI’s.
- Identify improvement opportunities within the production area and proactively address them.
- Understand the causes of production inefficiencies - support initial investigation subsequent problem solving and propose and implement solutions.
- Ensure proper manufacturing SOP’s are developed and adhered to.
- Work closely with Engineering throughout the shift to ensure responsive focus on key assets to ensure that downtime is minimised.
- Ensure that effective handovers are carried out and that communication with Planning, Technical and Engineering is clear, concise and action driven at all times.
- Responsible for delivering business initiatives on behalf of the management team.
- Ensures compliance to all BRC and customer requirements.
- Ensures corrective actions are completed to close off and follow up on customer complaints.
- Ensures regular communication of key business issues and more local team specific information through briefings, team meetings or one-one communication.
- Ensures that all team members are trained and assessed for the positions they are working in and that via training PF achieves maximum flexibility across different jobs.
- Liaises with HR and the Head of Manufacturing to highlight current and possible future Industrial Relations (IR) issues and helps develop strategies to deal with these.
- Ensures that Company/Union agreements are monitored and implemented.
- Completes absence reviews within the company guidelines.
- Responsible for first line disciplinary and grievance issues arising on the shift.
- Undertakes such other duties as may be required from time to time, that reasonably fall within the scope of the post.
- Responsible for the site outside of normal working hours.
Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a Production Management role in a manufacturing facility - ideally within a food environment.
Good standard of education, ideally degree level.
Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop teams and individuals in line with agreed values and behaviours.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skill with the ability to build strong working relationships.
Good problem solving skills and the ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
Experience of successfully leading and managing change programmes.
Proven ability to deliver against KPI’s.
Excellent problem solving skills - proactive in recommending and implementing actions to solve issues or improve ways of working.
Team player with a positive and resilient personality