Snack Creations is a world leader in the production of plant based, snack pellets. Our aim is to collaborate with health focused brands and manufacturers, providing innovative, market leading snacking solutions.
Due to internal promotions, we are now looking for someone to join the team as a NPD Technologist.
Reporting to the Research & Development Manager, you will support the progression of customer and proactive concepts through the NPD process to launch high quality products for consumers. Support on Pilot Plant trials of Pasta and Snack extrusions and help organise and execute the main stages of development to develop and successfully launch products on time.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Lead or support new product ideas, ingredients, formulas, and processing that allow optimization of costs and efficiency on existing formulas. With this, gain understanding of the snack and pasta manufacturing process, including recipes, processing profiles and the science behind making our products.
- Lead projects from customer brief to post launch review, working through NPD stage gate process.
- Lead and support pilot plant and factory trials of snack and pasta extrusions that can be physically demanding.
- Investigate and solve problems with raw materials during the development process. Including keeping all stock up to date in weighing room, analysis and assessments for laboratory/factory pasta and snack extrusion trials.
- Responsible for die shape management at laboratory stage vs factory.
- Keep all paperwork in good order with record of all trials and experimental data as well as following the stage gate process of each project.
- Provide the necessary detailed product information regarding pasta and snacks products to our Technical team so that specifications can be completed accurately.
- Liaising with customers and suppliers on project related work and problem solving.
- Submit development samples in time for internal meeting and for external customers.
- Working from both sites: Snack Creations – Great Yarmouth / Pasta Foods – Norwich
- Participate in any other activities or carry out any other duties that may be outside the general remit, which will benefit the individual, department, or company.
Personal attributes & Education
- Degree in Food Science
- Understanding of the NPD Process in a food-based company
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Understanding of Health & Safety, Food Regulations and HACCP.
- A good all-round education, excellent organisational, administrative skills together with good computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Excellent team player with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A ‘can do’ attitude with a strong desire to deliver against strict targets/deadlines
- Be organised with good analytical data skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Able to multi-task and prioritize under pressure
- Excellent customer service skills
- Keen to learn and be a problem solver
- Full Driving Licence with access to own car.
- Knowledge of the pasta and/or snacks industry would be an advantage but is not essential