- Salary: Negotiable
- Status: Full Time / Permanent
- Location: Harwich
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila - part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160-million, operating in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 28%.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s.
Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, National Foods, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges.
With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team. We are embarking on a journey from specialist World Foods supplier to a leading FMCG mainstream manufacturer that is truly multi-channel and global.
To facilitate this growth, we are seeking a Head of Supply Chain, reporting to Managing Director. We are looking for someone who can drive production and purchasing to meet demand and be an integral part of planning that demand with the key stakeholders. You will have strong experience leading supply planning teams within a goods manufacturing environment (preferably in the FMCG industry), both in the UK and managing oversees third party suppliers.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Head of Supply is responsible for the generation, implementation and delivery of an achievable supply plan that supports the business, ensuring demand requirements and stock level targets are achieved.
To be successful, the applicant will;
- Lead and oversee all supply chain activities across a multi-site and multi temperature business.
- Manage the Supply Chain from order placement to receipt of goods ensuring delivery of product to specification, on time and in full
- Be accountable for all Forecasting, Demand and Supply planning activities in order to meet our customer’s requirements
- Produce regular performance reports based on KPI analysis
- Efficiently plan and schedule flow of work in order to meet customer deadlines
- Manage and lead the customer facing service functions within the business
- Build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders such as sales teams and customers
- Management of current team as well as responsibility for future recruitment
- Lead team through regular performance reviews
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Candidate with 5+ years’ experience in supply chain management and logistics preferably within FMCG manufacturing and distribution
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Proficient in stakeholder management with proven capability to build strong networks and influence decision makers
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Competent in creating written business case recommendations, encompassing financial, service, risk, and sustainability factors
If you possess these qualities and are looking for a rewarding career with opportunity for progression, we would love to hear from you.