So, what will I be doing?
As Safety, Health & Environmental Business Partner, you’ll be key in partnering Site Management Teams, helping to shape and implement Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) plans for the site/team that align to the Strategic SHE improvement plan and other local priorities.
You will be providing expert advice and guidance in relation to all operational SHE activity on Sites. Working with the Site Senior Management Teams (SMT) taking a collaborative, proactive and coaching approach to inspire the Site team in its delivery of SHE compliance and improvement.
- Working in partnership with the site leadership team to ensure compliance with the Safety, Health and Environmental Management Procedures and Company strategy
- Developing the site strategic improvement pathway to align with the company SHE strategy
- Through collaboration with the key Stakeholders, proactively managing the development and continuous improvement of working practices, work instructions & job breakdown sheets to gain continuity of SHE management across the organisation
- Influencing, coaching and mentoring site leadership teams to develop working knowledge of SHE management requirements to drive positive safety behaviours and improve safety culture and performance within the site and wider business
- Implementing, managing & supporting production of the Site & Central Group Share Point for Safety and Environmental documentation
- Providing oversight of legislative compliance to the H&S Manager and Site Management Teams through leading & supporting SHE audits and inspections
- In partnership with the H&S Manager taking a lead or playing an active role in the interactions with regulatory bodies and third party auditors
- Proactively managing and undertaking incident investigations to reach root cause, monitor and report on close out of resulting actions
- Taking ownership for providing relevant management information and trend analysis of Safety and Environmental incident data
- Working in collaboration with the Site Leadership Teams to develop and manage the Site SHE management plans using a risk based approach engaging with site teams to deliver targeted improvement initiatives
- Effectively managing Sub-Contractor appraisal, approval and monitoring on site in line with Company procedures
- Working with Central and site teams to manage data submission in relation to environmental Permit Submission requirements
- Managing implementation of ISO 14001 accredited management system requirements on site
Sounds interesting, what do I need?
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Demonstratable Environmental Management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Relevant work experience
- Tech IOSH or above
- Proven capability in business partnering, within a complex working environment
- NEBOSH Occupational H&S Level 3 or equivalent
- Food industry experience
- Accredited Internal Auditor qualification/experience
- Training qualification
- Environmental Permitting experience
- GRAD IOSH
- Behavioural Safety program development & delivery
Why should I join the family?
We’re independent, British and proud to be making the highest quality yogurts, desserts and ice cream under the Yeo Valley brand and for many of the UK’s major retailers. Operating from four dairies and two logistics centres in Somerset and Devon, we employ over 1700 staff and produce more than 25% of the UK’s packaged yogurt.
We’re sure you don’t need convincing, but there’s a whole host of benefits that we offer including:
- 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
- non-contributory pension scheme
- life cover
- healthcare cash back plan
- cycle to work scheme
- subsidised Yeo Valley products and services
- preferential rates with our partners
- annual bonus (as part of the Employee Benefit Trust, based on company performance for the year)
- learning and development opportunities; we’re committed to ensuring all of our employees have the chance to grow
Our closing dates are a guide for when the application window should close, although we may close the advert sooner if we can. So, we recommend you get your application in straight away – and don’t miss the opportunity to join us!
Unfortunately, we’re not able to provide employment sponsorship to candidates at this moment in time.
Please note that Yeo Valley do not accept speculative agency applications; we will only accept applications from preferred suppliers that have been submitted to us via our recruitment portal at the point of instruction.