Job Title: Transport Manager
Salary: Competitive basic + benefits
Noble Foods is a family business and leading UK supplier of fresh food brands and the market leaders in the UK for egg products. Each week, Noble Foods individually grades, pack and delivers over 60 million British Lion eggs for customers across the UK. The company has been recognised globally by the Business Benchmark on Farm Animal Welfare (BBFAW) for its stringent animal welfare practices. Noble Foods is named as one of only five companies to have achieved a top rating.
Noble Foods brands include: the happy egg company, Big & Fresh, Heritage Breeds, Purely Organic and GU desserts.
They have ambitious growth plans and are looking for an experienced Transport Manager to join their team based in Oxfordshire. This position would suit an experienced Transport supervisor or Manager looking for their next challenge, ideally from a Factory / Manufacturing / FMCG environment.
- Reporting to the Transport Director and dotted line to Site General Manager your responsibilities will include all aspects of safety, service, cost and people management and achievement of the appropriate KPI’s;
- Giving direction and monitor performance that assists the General Manager in ensuring the site runs efficiently and effectively with direct responsibility for the transport activities on site.
- Ensure effective communication throughout the operational leadership team; communicating planned requirements providing information on performance.
- Ensure that a best in class safety performance is delivered through a behavioural based safety culture
- Build and implement an effective employee engagement strategy, resulting in a highly engaged and motivated workforce
- To ensure the operation achieves targeted daily and weekly KPIs, through effective use of the planning / scheduling information available;
- To ensure the department provides a quality first class service to the customer and stores;
- To ensure the department operates within the legal constraints of the sites operator’s license;
- Ensure the operation is fully compliant with legislation and company policy where applicable and the operation complies with the Road Traffic Act;
- Ensuring transport financial performance is within budget;
- Assist in the recruitment and training of the Transport Team;
- Develop an engaged, high-performance team culture – where growth mindset is prevalent
- Develop a talented to team and create robust succession plans for current and future key roles
- Build customer confidence through demonstrating a thorough knowledge of the operation;
- To participate in commercial reviews with the site’s Senior Management Team, Company Finance teams and review processes where required
What will you bring?
- Demonstrable experience at senior management level within a large supply chain operation with full knowledge of transport legislation;
- Knowledge of computerised scheduling and driver management packages an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to operate at multiple levels and establish effective communication channels in both customer organisations and Wincanton
- Robust influencing and negotiation skills – proven to deliver successful change in complex customer and (unionised) operational environments
- Experienced in developing and deepening customer relationships, resulting in improved commercial performance and growth delivery
- You will be inquisitive, innovative and deliver an exceptional service to the customer. Excellent commercial acumen – understand the dynamics of both ‘open/ closed book’ contracts & develops a profit centre approach & culture amongst the Account team that is focused on bottom line performance.
- Able to manage conflict and tough conversations including complex IR issues.
- Succeeds in building effective stakeholder relationships with the ability to influence management team’s thinking to deliver high performance through a culture of accountability and ownership.
- The factory operates 24/7 therefore it is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
- A CPC (National & International) is a prerequisite for the position.
- The depot operates 24/7 therefore it is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, Perkbox, onsite parking, onsite canteen and more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes them great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 2962/137fmj.
Please be aware that all third-party and direct applications will be forwarded to our Outsourced Recruitment Partner, Veritas Partnership Limited and no fees will be payable.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.