Health & Safety Manager
Based, Bishops Stortford, Monday - Friday
£Competitive basic + Benefits & Pension scheme
We are the original pud pioneers.
Since 2003, we've been filling homes with ramekins of restaurant-quality, wickedly indulgent desserts.
From Day One, our talented pâtisserie chefs have made every single pud in our very own kitchens, using only the most decadent ingredients, and now we have a range that includes Cheesecakes (some of which also come Free-from!), Hot Puds, Mousses and our new lower calorie Lights range, all of which come in our packaging which is fully recyclable, although we know most of you love to keep the ramekins and re-use them at home!
If you're ever wondering if a Salted Caramel Cheesecake is acceptable at 11 am; just know that somewhere, somebody is tucking into a Gü every single second ...
With a state of the art factory we are looking to ensure that health & safety is at the centre of our FMCG manufacturing culture. Reporting into the Manufacturing Director, the Health & Safety Manager is the lynchpin to set and lead the Health & Safety & Environmental agenda for the site, aiming to create the safest and most environmentally focussed site possible. You will ensure the site complies, at all times, with all relevant legislations, auditing standards (ISO 45001 & ISO 14001) and internal standards and be the champion for all HSE matters on site.
- Define and execute a robust HSE strategy for the site; ensure that this strategy and all related initiatives are adequately communicated to all stakeholders to ensure it can be delivered in a collaborative manner:
- Ensure that the site complies, at all times, with all relevant legislations, auditing standards and internal Group standards and in particular:
- Manage the execution of all key HSE activities, in particular:
- Drive behavioural and cultural change on site, to develop a culture where acting safely and being environmentally responsible are not afterthoughts but a way of life. This includes:
- Manage the HSE & Training Coordinator, including setting and reviewing objectives, motivating for results, and developing skills & knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental matters.
- Mentor site personnel (particularly HSE & Training Coordinator, Senior Site Team and HSE Leads) to improve their knowledge of HSE matters and their skills in managing key aspects of our HSMS and EMS (including RCA, investigations, auditing).
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Environmental Management or IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management
- Extensive experience as HSE Manager in an industrial environment (ideally manufacturing)
- Auditing qualification would be advantageous
- Experience in Food & Beverage industry or FMCG would be advantageous
- Functional HSE skills:
- Sound knowledge of the UK HSE regulatory framework, including specific frameworks applicable to industrial/manufacturing environments
- Extensive knowledge of ISO45001 & ISO14001 auditing standards;
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of RCA tools & processes.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to successfully communicate at all levels of the organisation, from Senior Leadership Team to Shopfloor staff, on both vision and practical aspects of HSE
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 3049/173fmj.
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
Please be aware that all third-party and direct applications will be forwarded to our Outsourced Recruitment Partner, Veritas Partnership Limited and no fees will be payable.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.