Our Client, a well-known UK Restaurant Chain who believe in “People First”, is looking for a Head of Risk & Compliance, based at their Central Facility in London. You will have responsibility for strategy and risk management across the group (including Restaurant Operations, Production & HQ) to ensure statutory compliance throughout all operations. Working across the whole organisation and in partnership with the Senior Leadership Team, you will understand and translate the company objectives into high-quality operating procedures. Whilst you will be comfortable operating at a strategic level you must also be prepared to roll your sleeves up and get stuck into the detail. An inspiring leader who has the vision, drive, and communication skills to take your team and the business through significant change.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, key accountabilities for the role are:
- To lead the Risk & Compliance team and be the senior manager of regulatory compliance for all areas pertaining to nutrition, allergy and overall Health & Safety.
- To devise and lead the Risk & Compliance strategy to meet current and future business needs in line with UK legal and industry standards
- To manage regulatory challenge and identify and recommend appropriate action to mitigate legal and brand risk as necessary
- To lead on crisis and business continuity planning for the wider business
- To engage and communicate with business stakeholders, planning and prioritising actions and ensuring delivery of projects
- To provide metrics to the Senior Leadership Team tracking progress of compliance areas
- To oversee processes relating to personal injury and other insurance claims
- To take the lead and advise on issues and threats to the business in relation to Heath & Food Safety
- To work closely with all functions, to deliver safe and hygienic operational policies across the whole of the UK business, and to develop these policies into operational procedures
- To liaise with the Property team on legal compliance within facilities, maintenance management and statutory inspections
- To manage the Risk & Compliance budget and develop new budgets in association with the Commercial Director
- To ensure appropriate supplier approval arrangements are in place and key suppliers are visited regularly by appropriate team members for QA purposes.
- To ensure food information (both proactive and reactive) for customers is complete, accurate and legal
- To manage the Technical team to ensure all technical complaints are investigated and drawn to a conclusion in a timely fashion
- Create a progressive and effective relationship with Primary Authority partner and build strong external partnerships
- To advise the PR team in crisis management situations related to legal compliance and represent the company in court cases with a Safety or QA dimension.
Skills and experience include:
- This individual will have presence / gravitas demanded to stand up on stage in front of 150 chefs or represent the company in court etc, but with the interpersonal skills to engage with team members at all levels
- Will need to have broad shoulders and be very tuned in to the latest Food / Health and Safety issues
- Must have held a Senior Technical, Safety or Compliance position within Food, preferably the Hospitality / Foodservice sector.
- Qualified to degree level in a recognised Environmental Health, Food Safety or Food Technical qualification and a member of a recognised professional body(s).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in an organised and calm manner
- Excellent analytical skills and risk-based judgment with the ability to identify potential risks and opportunities
- A proven track record in positively influencing change across a range of departments and senior stakeholders
- The ability to build rapport and positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- A proven track record of effective service and team management
- Strong commercial awareness
- A well-known UK Restaurant Chain
- Driving sales and growth to become Market Leaders within their niche
- Committed to investment in Quality and Food Safety
- Non-Hierarchical, Sociable Brand – very People Focussed
- Award-winning Team Development programme
The working hours for this role are generally Monday – Friday, office hours, however there will be UK and overseas travel involved according to the needs of the business, so flexibility is needed. The role offers a Competitive salary plus benefits.
If you are interested in applying for this Head of Risk & Compliance role then please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4507 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.