Position: Logistics Analyst
Based: Haddenham, UK
Salary: Competitive + benefits
FTC for 12 months
In this role you will provide daily third-party external warehousing and distribution support to the operational and commercial divisions of McCormick UK. Whilst helping to achieve departmental budgetary, service and quality targets.
- Act as a liaison point between internal distribution customers and third-party warehousing and distribution suppliers.
- Record, track, monitor and reply to Distribution related complaints within the timescales noted within the McCormick Complaint Resolution process. Provide statistical data on route cause for review with the relevant third parties.
- Ensure that lots on SLOB, with a DAMW and DSMW classification are reviewed regularly and action points assigned and noted on the SLOB tool. Provide route cause analysis on damages and determine accountability.
- Provide periodic accruals to divisional distribution profit and loss accounts.
- Provide analysis of 3rd party system transactions leading to balance sheet adjustments.
- Assist the team in the development of financial budgets and forecasts
- Provide reporting and analysis of cost drivers in 3rd party warehousing including: stockholding, picking activity, receipt activity from internal and external sources
- Provide financial reports detailing divisional and overall costs against budget and forecast
- Lead the continuing development of meaningful KPI’s giving a clear perspective on service, cost and quality of 3rd party provision
- Provide ad-hoc data, analysis and input into distribution and business projects
- Conduct periodic quality audits of 3rd party sites ensuring that results are fed back to the team along with corrective actions
- Degree in Logistics/Business
- Experienced in UK/EMEA distribution
- A professional and dynamic individual with good IT skills.
- A general understanding of warehousing and distribution operations and third-party market.
- Previous experience in manufacturing logistics of benefit.
- High level of numeric skill, Analytical nature.
- Self-motivated and able to manage by exception
- Good interpersonal skills,
- Problem solving ability.
- Communication Skills, able to communicate to all levels.
- Handling complexity
- Computer Literacy
- Ability to plan, manage and implement projects
- Customer focused
- Organisational skills, able to prioritise workload and work without constant supervision.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people and our planet.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and flavors to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers in 150 countries and territories in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a culture based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, ethics and integrity and growth.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team with a passion for flavour, then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 90960).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.