So, what will I be doing?
As a Development Technologist, you will be joining the Development team in a distinctive, ambitious and trusted food manufacturing company that is committed to making great British dairy the right way. Working closely with the Development team you will be assisting with the development process of new products from concept through to launch.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of kitchen samples for major retailer meetings
- Managing and running product factory trials
- Controlling the ingredient and packaging stocks
- Responsible for post-trial analysis including shelf life assessment
- Supporting customer presentations and visits
- Working closely with Customer Development Managers and being able to cover some responsibilities for absence
- Working closely with the Commercial and Technical teams
- Maintaining safety and hygiene standards
Sounds interesting, what do I need?
- A food qualification or previous food manufacturing or catering experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks
- A passion for and interest in food and food trends
- Basic IT skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A can-do attitude
Why should I join the family?
We’re independent, British and proud to be making the highest quality yogurts, desserts and ice cream under the Yeo Valley brand and for many of the UK’s major retailers. Operating from four dairies and two logistics centres in Somerset and Devon, we employ over 1700 staff and produce more than 25% of the UK’s packaged yogurt.
We’re sure you don’t need convincing, but there’s a whole host of benefits that we offer including:
- 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
- non-contributory pension scheme
- life cover
- healthcare cash back plan
- cycle to work scheme
- subsidised Yeo Valley products and services
- preferential rates with our partners
- annual bonus (as part of the Employee Benefit Trust, based on company performance for the year)
- learning and development opportunities; we’re committed to ensuring all of our employees have the chance to grow
Our closing dates are a guide for when the application window should close, although we may close the advert sooner if we can. So, we recommend you get your application in straight away – and don’t miss the opportunity to join us!
Unfortunately, we’re not able to provide employment sponsorship to candidates at this moment in time.
Please note that Yeo Valley do not accept speculative agency applications; we will only accept applications from preferred suppliers that have been submitted to us via our recruitment portal at the point of instruction.