Engineering Team Leader
**Shift/Working hours: 4on/4off, 12-hour shifts (days and nights)
Job Reference: GG/8551
The UK’s leading food solutions business, supplying all major food retailers, wholesalers and foodservice companies with a wide range of quality products.
As a key member of the Engineering Team, you will play a critical role in coordinating and prioritising the daily/shift work activities for both internal and external engineering resources, resulting in safe execution of the overall engineering work plan. Specifically, you will:
- Ensure assets are ready to produce products that are of an excellent quality, despatched on time in full to the satisfaction of our customers.
- Ensure a robust and clearly communicated safe system of work is applied for all activities taking place within that day/shift across site.
- Ensure value for money from the way in which engineering budget is spent - Take ownership for efficiency savings and improvements.
- Ensure that any events resulting in downtime of over 15 minutes are investigated ensuring that root cause investigations are followed through and documented.
- Ensure that the internal engineering team have a clear focus on skills development relevant to the needs of the factory.
- Always act with integrity to build a culture of professional engineering and proactive equipment-focussed continuous improvement skills.
- Accident Reduction & Safety Management.
- Recording downtime and costs against assets
- Equipment Downtime by Department.
- Housekeeping & Standards – Audit Ready.
- Team Skills Development & Technical Value.
- Value for Money & Efficiency Savings.
- Continuous Improvement Projects.
To apply for this role, please contact Gilbert Gregory at Silven on either 07487 732 962 or email@example.com quoting reference GG/8551.