Position: Manufacturing Team Leader - Days & Nights
Location: Bishop Stortford
Division: Gü part of Noble Desserts
We are the original pud pioneers.
Since 2003, we've been filling homes with ramekins of restaurant-quality, wickedly indulgent desserts.
From Day One, our talented pâtisserie chefs have made every single pud in our very own kitchens, using only the most decadent ingredients, and now we have a range that includes Cheesecakes (some of which also come Free-from!), Hot Puds, Mousses and our new lower calorie Lights range, all of which come in our packaging which is fully recyclable, although we know most of you love to keep the ramekins and re-use them at home!
If you're ever wondering if a Salted Caramel Cheesecake is acceptable at 11 am; just know that somewhere, somebody is tucking into a Gü every single second ...
A Great opportunity has arisen within Noble Foods group to join our fantastic team at Gü, at our manufacturing site at Bishop Stortford. As Manufacturing Team Lead your area of accountability will be across all manufacturing areas. You will be required to develop your teams to perform to the highest standards. You will be required to always conduct yourself professionally, demonstrating individual behaviours which are in line with the Gü values, being supportive and respectful to your colleagues. This is a requirement of the role as you will be expected to cover the Shift Manager in his/her absence meeting cover.
- Carrying out accident / incident /near miss investigations within the required timeframe of incident, and ensuring that all actions are completed in a timely manor
- To use the morning / evening stakeholder meetings to communicate any issues that may affect the running of the shift / week, keeping the teams informed of any action that have been agreed with timeframes for completion.
- Using the weekly complaints data, identify foreign body risk categories to be addressed. With your teams. formulate plans to eliminate, using the weekly complaints data to evaluate success Within the hourly SIC reviews with the team, assess the daily produced and packed products against the defined QAS.
Education, training professional qualifications, work background
- Possess good IT skills and have working knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel A good all-round general education, GCSE’s (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics
- Possession of an NVQ at Level 2 in Management/Supervisory, or above, would be advantageous.
- Preferable previous experience in similar/same role in a food manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of machinery and experience in chemical use and handling
- An understanding and experience of food processing operations
If you would like to apply for this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org with an up to date CV and personal statement detailing your suitability
Please be aware that all third-party and direct applications will be forwarded to our Outsourced Recruitment Partner, Veritas Partnership Ltd and no fees will be payable.
Why work for GU?
At GU, we understand the importance of looking after our colleagues, so we provide a variety of benefits in addition to their salaries. We offer a range of benefits colleague benefits; which individuals can select based on their needs.
- We also offer perkbox, which offers a variety of savings and cashback offers on day to day living and much more including eyecare vouchers and many other wellbeing benefits
- We offer competitive annual leave entitlement and flexibility where possible to create a healthy work-life balance
- We also have a colleague recognition scheme to celebrate success!