Fifth Quarter Production Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Fifth Quarter Production Manager at our state-of-the-art lamb abattoir and processing plant, located in the South Derbyshire countryside. The fifth quarter production manager will oversee the production of ‘fifth quarter’ products such as offal and bones.
We are looking for a forward thinking, highly motivated, individual with strong organisational and management skills. You will have immediate access to senior management allowing for the opportunity to influence and be part of the decision-making process.
- Day to day management of production staff,
- Ensuring products are produced to specification,
- Working alongside commercial and technical teams to launch new products,
- Providing a high service level to our customers,
- Communicating with the commercial team regarding potential sales leads or any production issues,
- Producing daily production plans,
- Monitoring stock levels and working with the commercial team to make decisions around stock rotation and management,
- Producing reports for KPIs such as yield and presenting results to the companies’ directors during weekly management meetings,
- Ensuring the department adheres to the companies quality and health and safety standards,
- Working with the maintenance team to ensure production equipment is maintained to an appropriate standard,
- Build positive relationships with colleagues, managers and other departments, utilising these positive relationships to assist delivery of results.
Essential Skills, Qualities, and Experience:
- 3 years’ experience in production management in a FMCG environment,
- Problem solving and creativity,
- Excellent communicator,
- Computer literate and fully competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint,
- Experience in working in slaughterhouses.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience operating ERP systems,
- Full UK driving license,
- Counterbalance license,
- HACCP qualified,
- Food Safety qualified.
Attributes of the Successful Candidate:
- Enjoys being challenged
- Absorbs information
- Strong work ethic
What we bring to the table:
As a family run organisation, we pride ourselves on producing high quality lamb and mutton products. We care about our people and offer an excellent package including:
- Immediate start,
- Opportunities to progress and develop career into senior management team.
- Quarterly, discretionary KPI-linked bonus scheme,
- Learning and development opportunities,
- On-site parking,
- PPE provided,
- Permanent full-time work
If you are looking for an opportunity where you will want to continuously improve production, try new ideas and new technologies in a fast paced and challenging environment, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to Charlotte@pickstockfoods.co.uk