Our client, a Prepared Foods Manufacturer based in Nottinghamshire, is looking to appoint two Technologists. A Raw Materials Technologist, to ensure all incoming materials are in line with internal and customer standards and come from approved sources and a Specifications Technologist, to collate information from supplier and internal sources preparing accurate finished product customer and internal specifications.
Key responsibilities for the Raw Material Technologist role include:
- Ensuring inspections are undertaken based on risk assessment and that appropriate actions are communicated to suppliers or internally
- Driving supplier performance along with supply chain team
- Management of the Raw Material Management System for the site
- Managing all raw material testing schedules e.g. allergens, speciation etc.
- Requesting, uploading, checking, processing, approving and maintaining raw material specifications in conjunction with internal teams and suppliers
- Playing an active part of the HACCP team
- Completing full traceability exercises for customer and internal traces
- VACCP and TACCP risk assessment of raw materials. Supply chain mapping.
Key responsibilities for the Specifications Technologist role will include:
- Managing the preparation, amendments and archiving of product specifications for customers via ‘on-line’ specification platforms
- Sourcing relevant raw material information which will then be used for risk assessments and preparation of finished product specifications
- Collating, reviewing and approving raw material specifications along with relevant validations where applicable, conducting risk assessments where required
- Supporting the Process Team following process trials, analysing trial data and recipe / nutritional information to prepare internal and Customer Quality Attribute Sheets
- Supporting new product launches through the preparation of launch related documents, evaluation of trial nutritional data and origination of artwork, linking to the preparation of product specifications and being the main artwork approver
Essential / Desirable skills for both roles include:
- Experience in a similar Technical role within a complex Food Manufacturing business
- Ideally qualified to degree equivalent level in a food related discipline or through accredited industry training courses relating to topics such as food composition, microbiology, HACCP and food processing
- Demonstrable raw material knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work within a small team also able to work on own initiative
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Use of computer systems to analyse data, collate information and prepare factory / customer documentation
Additional skills for the Raw Materials Technologist role include:
- An in-depth understanding of BRC & HACCP
- Understanding of supply chain
- Understanding of relevant customer codes of practice
- Good processing knowledge e.g. thermal processing, chilling etc.
- Understanding of legislation e.g. food contact materials, food hygiene, labelling of foods, FIR
Additional skills for the Specifications Technologist role include:
- A thorough knowledge of customer specifications systems, including online specifications platforms. Tesco and Asda online portal experience would be an advantage
- Food is the Company’s passion
- They are always on the lookout for pure and natural ingredients, they strongly believe in ‘less is more’
- A fun and positive environment which spills over into the products they make, the way they work and the way they interact with each other
- Leaving the planet a better place for generations to come is core to their beliefs and they play their part towards sustainable living
The roles offer a salary of up to £30k, dependent on experience with 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays. The working hours are Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 4.30pm & Friday 8.30am – 4pm.
If you are interested, please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4500 01 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.