Our Client, a successful International Food business, supplying a quality range of own label and branded chilled prepared products into the major UK Retailers, is looking for a Technical Manager located within commutable distance of Leeds / Bradford. The focus for this role is managing Technical and Development relationships with the UK Retailers as well as interfacing with the company’s European based manufacturing sites.
The ideal candidate will have a real passion for Food Development as well as a proven track record in Technical Management. The successful candidate will be working closely with our Client’s Northern based Retailers, managing Technical and Innovation alongside their London and European-based teams.
Skills and experience include:
- Working with complex chilled products within Food Manufacturing in a customer facing Technical / Development role
- Leading projects with a creative flair and a real passion for food development
- A good understanding of trends and consumer requirements, driving concepts with retailers
- Managing the approval process for new products including all document / brief completion
- Major UK retailer factory standards, processes and systems
- Creating customer specifications using UK retailer online Technical Systems, e.g. Hive, Evolve and MCreate and managing raw material updates
- Leading NPD and Technical Projects, including Stage and Gate and Critical Path Management
- Overseeing packaging development and artwork management
- Ethical/Allergen/Hygiene standards and UK Legislation
- Managing external Laboratories
- Working with international Food Manufacturing sites would be an advantage
- A strong communicator who can guide the Technical and Development process, managing relationships both internally and externally
- Well established family owned business
- Global organisation with manufacturing sites in Europe
- Market Innovators in a growing category
- Supplying both branded and Own label Chilled Food Products to the Major UK Retailers
- UK Head Office based in London
The salary for this home-based role is competitive and working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5pm; Flexibility is required, with regular visits to our client’s Northern based customers, fortnightly to their London based Head Office and quarterly to Europe to accompany UK retailers and oversee pre-production runs etc.
If you have a real passion for food and a proven background in Technical Management and Product Development then please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4510 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.