Director IT Global Solution Delivery App
The IT Global Solution Delivery Applications Leader will serve as a key change agent to accelerate the application delivery transformation journey, including adopting a product line model and agile delivery methodology. This leader will be responsible for the life cycle planning of business applications through the phases of strategize, architect, select, deploy, operate, evolve, and retire. The Applications Leader manages the application group that has specific responsibility for building or configuring, maintaining or enhancing, and eventually decommissioning applications through their life cycle. The incumbent will ensure that the potential business value from technology solutions are captured, optimized, and recognized in partnership with other IT teams.
As McCormick transforms to a product-aligned applications model globally, this Leader will guide the transformation program as part of the Global Solution Delivery leadership team.
This role reports to the VP IT, Global Solution Delivery and is responsible for direct management of a global team and oversight of the AMS (application managed services) partner relationship.
- Lead the functional applications organization:
- Serve as a role model, leading the application delivery transformation progression.
- Lead teams in transition to product line delivery model, utilizing agile methodologies.
- Guide applications processes (including those of external service providers), ensuring they are conducted in line with technical policies and applicable standards and legislation.
- Define and enhance methodologies and practices for application life cycle management in line with best practice and practical experience of continuous improvement.
- Own and lead application portfolio technical and business fitness ongoing assessment.
- Implement and manage application life cycle management status reporting, metrics and benchmarks.
- Facilitate application governance aligned to business outcomes and governance priorities.
- Drive innovation within the IT organization through on-going evaluations of emerging and value-added solutions.
- Monitor current and identify new and emerging skills needed to keep the organization current.
- Team leadership and coaching:
- Manage performance evaluation process (annual and interim) of global team members for performance and development needs, including guidance on goals and supporting and coaching employees’ development.
- Mentor team to seek continuous improvement and skill development, by leveraging external sources, network and partnerships to identify best practice and offer progressive solutions that deliver incremental value or create a competitive advantage.
- Manage application group personnel, developing their skills and capabilities to meet the needs of the organization, as well as building on existing development and recruiting capabilities to address new needs and skills gaps.
- Day-to-day management:
- Manage application organization, including staffing, budgeting and other relevant management functions, and lead application delivery teams to optimize the cost, risk and value of applications throughout their life cycle.
- Oversee the application organization's successful delivery of business outcomes in partnership with IT Business Solutions, Security and Operations teams.
- Work with stakeholders to deliver solutions in a way that improves the business and technical fitness of the application portfolio and minimizes its ongoing support costs.
- Implement product lines and agile delivery methodologies.
- Oversee support activities in conjunction with Operations and Security to ensure the applications perform well in production.
- Technology strategy, architecture and innovation:
- Lead technology development aligned to architectural and security strategies and technical innovation plans aligned to the IT long term plan.
- Sponsor innovative solutions and continuous improvement across the application landscape.
- Evaluate new applications for compatibility with current systems, technical requirements, business objectives and IT strategy.
- Work with the Security team to ensure that the organization's applications are effectively secured and that risks are mitigated.
- BA/BSc - Business or Technology field, or related discipline.
- 10+ years’ experience leading software design/development, application architecture, software as a service (SaaS), software integration, software testing, data management/governance and/or business process analysis.
- 5+ years prior Global staff leadership experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience building cross-functional consensus with exposure to technology providers and business clients.
- 5+ experience in resource and budget planning.
- Experience transitioning an organization from traditional practices to agile development methodologies.
- Team leadership experience.
- Ability to build relationships, interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to influence across functional teams and manage relationships across multiple cultures and geographies.
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Strong time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to think strategically; strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Global business and functional acumen - Understand the complexity of business on a global scale. Embrace cultural and individual differences with empathy. Work with the nuances of specific cultures to make informed decisions.
- Experience with IT contracts and their likely cost implications.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Kamis.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 91695).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.