Mechanical Machine Operator – Food
Job ref: 62775 | c. £22,000 + overtime | Essex
We are seeking a talented individual to work for an innovative, high-quality manufacturer which supplies to various retailers throughout the UK.
The purpose of the Mechanical Machine Operator is to be responsible for the processing of company products according to the production plan, ensuring they are manufactured in accordance with the correct quantities, specifications and methods.
Typical daily duties will include:
- Organise production processes to maximise efficiency and meet targets
- Ensure quality standards for all products are met, raising any concerns
- Ensure company procedures for Health, Hygiene and Safety and Food Safety are followed
- Report any issues or breakdowns to the Production Manager/ Engineers
- Identify potential areas for improvement to production methods and processes
Previous experience working within a food production environment is essential and you will also be confident in operating production machinery.
You will be mechanically minded with an understanding of how food production machinery operates and be able to recommend areas where improvements to machinery, efficiencies and production processes can be made.
Food Safety and Food Hygiene qualifications are also a great benefit.
You will have experience in all or some of the following:
- Vertical Form fill sealing machines, premade Doy machines, potting machines.
- Filling out records including weight, metal checks, H&S, quality, and food safety
- Experience working in a labour-intensive, hands-on environment as opposed to fully automated
The Mechanical Machine Operator job is based in Essex and is paying c. £22,000 plus overtime.
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Mechanical Machine Operator job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly, and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All our consultants have considerable recruitment experience so you can be confident they have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternate job titles
Food Production Operative | Skilled Machine Operative | Food Production Jobs | Food Industry Skilled Operative Jobs | Essex | Home Counties / East Anglia