New Product Development Manager – Koko
- Full time, permanent role
- Bromsgrove (office), with travel where required. Currently working mainly at home in line with govt guidelines with travel to office and factories when necessary. The role is likely to be a mixture of office and home working with some travel longer term. Exact balance is tbc.
New Product Development Manager for an international food business, the company has a dairy free brand that is growing quickly both in domestic & export markets. You will have extensive NPD and project management experience (5 years +) within food and drink, preferably with dairy experience. The successful candidate will play an instrumental part in managing an NPD programme and delivering the next part of the brands ambitious plans in this rapidly growing category.
About the Role:
Key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Supporting a cross functional team, especially marketing, in the NPD process
- Developing new products from concept through to launch in line with business objectives and brand strategy, including delivering products in line with cost, quality and time requirements.
- Overseeing production trials with 3rd party suppliers and manufacturers
- Managing and developing relationships with external suppliers and producers
- Using extensive knowledge of the food industry to identify potential new partners, suppliers and producers in line with business objectives
- Using your expertise in manufacturing processes and capabilities to devise products that deliver innovation, product improvements and cost efficiencies in a competitive market.
- Adopt an NPD project management process
The successful candidate must have:
- A food science or food technology related degree or relevant equivalent experience preferably within dairy
- Minimum 5 years of proven NPD experience with an understanding of key elements of the process
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Experience in managing relationships with external suppliers, development teams and production personnel
- Excellent ingredient and production process understanding
- Good numeracy, commercial awareness and ability to create commercially viable products
- Self-motivated and also a good team player
- Results driven
- Able to work autonomously
- Flexible to travel when needed