Position: QA Lab Team Leader/ QA Lab Lead
Providing leadership to the QA Lab Team at the Haddenham facility to ensure sampling and analytical testing of materials and environmental samples is conducted in accordance with Company, third party and Customer standards, whist achieving Quality objectives and KPI targets.
- Day to day leadership of the QA Lab Team (Senior Technician & QA Technicians) including maintenance of HR data systems pertaining to the QA Lab team, conducting performance reviews and talent management
- Ensuring team members are trained and proficient in conducting sampling, analysis & reporting for raw materials, work in progress, finished products and environmental samples
- Ensuring all testing and associated QA lab and lab team activities are conducted in accordance with Company, Third Party and Customer requirements and in line with key quality performance indicators
- Management of QA Lab budget and spending
- Conducting root cause analysis for material non-compliances and Customer complaints. Provide feedback / communication to key stakeholders on factors adversely affecting product quality
- Attendance and participation at routine plant performance review meetings
- Quality notification management (raising, coordinating investigations and close out, Shelf life extensions, Inventory At Risk) and first point escalation for material disposition decisions affecting product quality, providing advice support and resource to ensure appropriate investigations are conducted and effective corrective actions implemented
- Timely and accurate maintenance of data systems to ensure compliance to traceability standards and key Performance Indicators
- To support the Quality and Food Safety programs by assisting with the maintenance and implementation of procedures and work instructions as required to meet customer, third party audit standards
- Manage Third Party calibration of scales for lab & site in order to meet requirements of the QMS, Regulatory and Audit requirements
- Govern the Quality Gold Standard Program for Raw Materials and Finished Products
- BA or MSc degree in a relevant field is seen as an asset
- HNC or equivalent in a science subject (preferably chemistry / biochemistry)
- Practical experience of Good Laboratory Practices
- Similar experience working within Quality Laboratory and people management
- HACCP Level 3 Certification
- Demonstrable people leadership skills
- Ability to interact with multiple levels within the business as well as with external contactors
- Attention to details
- Agile mindset, curious and capable to learn new things
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis and develop corrective and preventative action plans
- SAP experience is seen as an asset
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LBGT employer.