Position: Night Shift Team Leader
Based: Haddenham, UK
Salary: Competitive + benefits
To lead an assigned shift with overall responsibility of performance across the assigned shift. Ensure assigned area performs as expected by supporting the operation of equipment and ensuring overall respect of standards.
Single shift leadership responsibilities; provide coaching and development opportunities for team members and facilitate and encourage teamwork by communicating efficiently. Deputizing for the Area Manager when unavailable.
- Conducts investigations into any safety issues, working through RCA and leading cross functional team to ensure timely close out
- Completion of Safety audits and hazard close out
- Responsible for ensuring all new starters receive induction in line with site onboarding processes
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
- To understand food safety legislation, including HACCP in line with the responsibilities of the role and to ensure that the team’s outputs meet these standards.
- Conducts change management process in line with procedure
- To assist with the integration of new equipment with the manufacturing, operations and project teams.
- To ensure all Quality Management Systems are adhered to and properly documented.
- Ensuring area GMP targets are met
- Key Member of the autonomous maintenance pillar as part of JTE
- Key member of HPO programme for area team- including the creation and implementation of area engagement plans
- Labour planning and cost control ensuring team is fully crewed to site labour standards
- Responsible for shift multi skilling programme in collaboration with the site training manager
- Reports night shift performance, including ensuring performance trackers and shift reports are completed daily
- Leads the daily DDS programme at factory level ensuring adherence to standards through team of senior operators and operators
- Provide coaching on all aspects of factory performance through dds system
- Conducts interview and recruitment in line with site requirements
- Management of approximately 20 employees- ensuring all employees have goals and developments plans
- Conduct all processes around people- including absence management, disciplinaries etc
- Implementation of labour and holiday planning to ensure cost effective labour management
- Degree Level in relevant subject e.g. Business Management or Leadership
- Experienced in food, or consumer products industry supported by a good track record of leading and engaging operational team
- IOSH or NeBosh qualified
- HACCP Level 3
- Considers what is motivating to the individual in improving performance and recognizing contributions
- Adopts a short- and long-term perspective in setting clear objectives to deliver results aligned to strategy
- Facilitates collaboration across levels, organizations, functions, and geographies to secure effective problem solving and decision making
- Creates collaborative work environments;
- challenges and empowers others to identify new and better ways of working
- Creates and identifies opportunities for learning and development that stretch and grow employee capabilities
- Encourages people to develop solutions through their own approach, emphasizing positive results over process
- Builds networks to drive connectivity, share information and insights, and work effectively across organizational lines
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people and our planet.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and flavors to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers in 150 countries and territories in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a culture based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, ethics and integrity and growth.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team with a passion for flavour, then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 91715).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.