A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Confectionary Demand Planner in Northamptonshire for an international food business. Due to expansion and progression there is a need for a new Demand Planner to join a well-established and dedicated Supply Chain team.
You will be required to communicate on sales, demand, distribution and supply trends in order to support the growth of the business. Accurate forecasting is essential and you will be involved in creating inventory strategy which aligns with the business plans and operational plans through S&OP process. Ensuring an effective Demand Plan is in place to identify and resolve any issues in a timely fashion.
• Co-operate with the Sales and Marketing divisions, create, review and revise forecasts for your brands ensuring accurate measures are achieved and improved
• Drive the S&OP process for your brands with support of the Supply Chain team
• Develop an 18 months baseline demand forecast by using all relevant inputs (including Sales Forecast, Statistical Forecasts, Historical sales)
• Manage the 18 months rolling forecast in demand planning using excel sheets
• Analyse trends and promotional volumes to make reasonable adjustments and recommendations where needed
• Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models and evaluate forecast results
• Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions
• Analyse operational planning performance of sales vs plan by defining root causes and corrective actions collaborating with other departments for next planning cycles
• Use a collaborative approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecast
• Manage and maintain the demand planning process including updating relevant spreadsheets and databases
• Provide input to the Supply Planning organisation in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products and product phase-outs
• Experience of Demand or Inventory Planning within FMCG
• Experience working with the major UK retailers is highly beneficial
• Strong numerical and analytical ability
• Great time management skills to work to tight deadlines
• Strong communicator both written and verbally
• Ability to work with a wide range of products
• Experience of S&OP processes
Ref Code: FMW39527
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.