CK Science are recruiting on an exclusive basis for a Technical Manager to join an ingredients and additives manufacturing company that supply primarily to the food and pharmaceutical sector, to be based at their site in Epping on a full time, permanent basis. Please note that strong people management experience as well as sound R&D experience in the ingredients and/ or food sector are essential requirements for this role.
Our client is a manufacturer of ingredients that are supplied to the food, industrial, personal care, processing and pharmaceutical industries. They hold a number of accreditations including BRC, Kosher, Halal, RSPO and more. They require a Technical Manager to lead the team of 6, starting ASAP. Reporting to the Managing Director, this role would suit an experienced people manager with experience gained in the ingredients or food industry with knowledge of hydrocolloids/ gums/ dry powders/ long shelf-life products etc., who has an outgoing personality and is able to drive with own transport. The company offers a salary in the region of £55,000 per annum depending on experience as well as bonus, 25 days' holiday, pension scheme and life & medical insurance. Hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday and some working from home could be considered, depending on skill set.
This Technical Manager role is located in Epping, an easy drive from Harlow, Enfield, Chelmsford, Hatfield and other surrounding areas. Please note occasional travel will be required to the company's other site approximately 30 miles away, as well as travel to meet with customers and suppliers. The company may be able to consider someone working from home 1-2 days a week.
Technical Manager Role:
Your main duties will be to:
- Supervise a small R&D team developing applications for the product range.
- Strive for continuous improvement in all areas of the technical operation, guaranteeing compliance with relevant legislative and final product specifications for a food gum and hydrocolloid-based operation.
- Lead, coach and develop the Quality Assurance Team and the R&D team, identifying and addressing training needs.
- Act as a key contact with customers on all technical issues.
- Maintain, drive, supervise and implement, where required, robust technical standards and systems, and support and deputise for the Food Safety Manager in HACCP processes.
- Support and deputise for the Food Safety Manager in maintaining KPIs aimed at minimising quality issues and maintaining or improving the company's BRC grade of AA.
- Some travel to the company's manufacturing site for quality meetings will be expected.
- Frequent interaction both internally and externally with auditors/ suppliers etc.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven R&D/ NPD experience and management gained in the ingredients manufacturing sector or related industry - essential
- Experience gained in a fast-paced food production environment - essential, preferably with hydrocolloids or dry-goods
- Experienced people manager who is able to motivate and achieve results - essential
- Driving licence with own car and willingness to travel with work - both essential
- Experience gained as an auditor with a working knowledge of HACCP, BRC, FSSC 22000 and Internal Auditing Systems
- Degree or equivalent in Food Science/ Chemistry or a related subject
- Must have knowledge of food and feed legislation and food industry standards, and be familiar with Food Safety, Allergen Control, Microbiology, Quality Assurance, Kosher, Halal and RSPO
- Demonstrate a clear and engaging style of communication
For more information or to apply for this Technical Manager position, please click on the application button below or contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 quoting job reference 48937.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.