Exciting new role at our client based in North London has become available for a Production Shift Manager. They are a rapidly growing business who have gone from strength to strength during the pandemic and looking for new staff to join their business immediately.
You will be required to run an effective and efficient shift, overseeing a team of warehouse operatives, high care operatives and packaging team. A 24 hour operation you will be involved in ensuring all orders are delivered on time and in full.
- To coordinate, via Team Leaders, all operational shift personnel, to produce quality products to schedule, whilst maintaining a safe, efficient and cost effective operation
- Create and manage a safe and hygienic working environment through adherence of legislative requirements and completing any health and safety documentation for the shift
- Continuously evaluate product quality in conjunction with the Quality division, implementing the required corrective actions when required
- Manage and motivate all operatives, while providing training and development
- Monitor and report on production performance, including any issues to root cause
- Accountable for all aspects of the site during shifts or when there is no other senior management on site
- Continuously review and appraise operations by instigating improvements where necessary and manage any changes
- Control the shift’s costs by minimising spend and waste
- Manage New Product Development trials on the line
- Ensure accurate record keeping to ensure zero pay queries by managing the time and attendance system
- Experience of effectively managing a team in a previous food production environment
- Approachable, motivator with a driven ability to manage
- Exposure to FMCG / Food / Fresh Produce sectors
- ERP systems experience is highly advantageous
(Flexibility required as other shifts may need covering)
Ref Code: FMW39524
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.