Our client is looking for an ambitious Quality Assurance Manager with the potential to progress within the organisation. The role will be covering a number of closely located sites. The company has fantastic Health and Safety values and has the vision to be the preferred supply partner in their market, providing best in class quality and service. They love to add value to their customers and are always looking for ways to improve and challenge the status quo. The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for ensuring the factories are compliant from a legal and quality perspective. They will also ensure the development and maintenance of the Quality Management Systems as well as ensuring customer and third party requirements such as BRC, Soil Association, RSPO and Kosher are fulfilled at all times across all sites.
As a key member of the Technical Team, you will report to (and deputise for) the Technical Manager; responsibilities for the role will include:
- The day-to-day management of QA’s at both sites
- Ensuring the factories are legal and quality compliant through the allocation and monitoring of tasks and priorities within the team and driving continuous improvement in conjunction with the technical and operations teams
- Maintaining and developing the food and product safety systems by leading the HACCP and Product Safety teams
- The management of procedures, work instructions and forms, including the writing and modification of documentation that is used by the business to assist in the production of safe, legal and quality products and for consistency in the application of other business processes. This covers all functions across the sites and head office.
- Driving improvement in the Quality Management System through Document Control, management of non-conformances and complaints
- Supporting the improvement of a Quality and Product Safety Culture through training and briefings, to include a Technical induction, food/product safety and allergen awareness
- Part of the team responsible for supplier assurance, including auditing
- Supporting the Technical Manager with customer and third-party audits and visits, including implementation of corrective actions
- Ensuring Internal and External audit schedules are in place and followed
- Ensuring the Quality Management System is complied with in the factories and Head Office as necessary
- Act as a contact for internal and external customers in relation to product queries.
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Must have previous experience at QA Manager level or above in a Food Manufacturing / Food Processing business
- Able to demonstrate experience of Quality Systems management either in a BRC or FSSC ISO22000 environment, ideally will have supplied products to the major retailers
- Experience of laboratory testing methods and supervision would be of benefit
- Able to demonstrate a mind-set that easily lends itself to continuous improvement techniques combined with a can do attitude
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to communicate across all organisational functions and levels
- Able to demonstrate a high level of understanding of Microsoft Office with particular focus on Microsoft Excel and Word
- Able to successfully influence both cross functionally and vertically to ensure effective and timely resolution to any issues that may arise
- Minimum of Level 3 in HACCP
- Confident to deliver company-wide training in Food Safety etc
- System / Process orientated
- Excellent Attention to detail
- Will need a full driving licence and own vehicle as will need to work across three (closely located) sites
- Their vision is to be the preferred supply partner in their market, providing best in class quality and service.
- Fantastic Health and Safety Values
- Co-operative relationship between Production and Quality Assurance
- Believes in respect for colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Expects employees to commit to deliver excellence in all areas of the business
- Encourages individuals to stand up with confidence for what they believe in, dare to challenge and be open to new ideas
The salary for this role is £38k - £40k per annum and the working hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm with some flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
If you are keen to join this company and become part of the Leadership team, involved in cross-functional company-wide planning days to move the company forward, then this could be the job for you. Please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ- P4511 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.