Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer
Job ref: 62759 | c. £41,500 + 15-25% overtime | Cambridgeshire
We are seeking a talented individual to join an innovative and award-winning ambient food manufacturer who can provide a rewarding working environment with excellent opportunity for progression. This business has experienced tremendous success and is proud of its reputation for providing exceptional customer service and superior quality products.
The purpose of the Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer is to deliver key engineering services to ensure operational performance, legality, and compliance. Working as part of a team and interacting with external contractors to deliver agreed levels of quality and service and reaching world-class lean manufacturing.
- Deliver engineering and maintenance services, ensure operational reliability, and deliver preventative maintenance compliance.
- Champion a safe working culture and ensure compliance with all Health and Safety Policies / Safe Systems of Work
- Ensure that excellent GMP standards are established, maintained, and developed ensuring food safety is always a priority in all works carried out.
- Use continuous improvement processes to develop and improve all aspects within your control.
- Build strong relationships with colleagues both within the department and cross-functionally.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of all work carried out. This will include correct and detailed information on handover between shifts.
- Actively contribute to the culture of Continuous Improvement with the engineering team and adopt lean processes to deliver optimal return on investment.
To be considered for the Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer job, you will possess:
- Excellent experience within a similar role that covers both electrical and mechanical engineering responsibilities.
- Preferably completed a time-served maintenance engineering apprenticeship.
- Worked within food manufacturing, although other industries such as FMCG or pharmaceutical will certainly be considered.
- Ideally hold relevant engineering mechanical and/or electrical qualifications i.e. 18th Edition.
- Health & Safety and/or Food Safety qualifications also advantageous.
The Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer job is based in Cambridgeshire and is paying c. £41,500 plus 15-25% overtime available and excellent benefits.
The working hours are Monday to Friday and will be a 6-week rotating shift pattern of:
- Week 1: 05.30 > 14.00 Early
- Week 2: 13.30 > 22.00 Late
- Week 3: 08.00 > 16.00 Day
- Week 4: 05.30 > 14.00 Early
- Week 5: 13.30 > 22.00 Late
- Week 6: 22.00 > 06.00 Night (Sun to Thurs)
You will also work 1 Saturday every 6 weeks and be on call 1 Weekend every 6 weeks. Some flexibility will be required.
How to apply
If this sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All of our consultants have considerable experience in recruitment so you can be confident that they will have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternate job titles
Maintenance Technician | Manufacturing Engineer | Production Engineer | Electrical Engineer | Maintenance Engineer | Mechanical Engineer | FMCG Engineering Jobs | Food Production Engineering Jobs | Multi-skilled Engineer | Cambridgeshire