You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. Wesupply all the UKs food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Bow, we have a team of around 800 colleagues. We produce sandwiches, wraps, platters, sub rolls and salads for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Sainsburys, Co-op, Asda, Morrisons and BP Wild Bean Caf.
What you'll be doing
You will implement the end to end manufacturing plan in order to achieve the sites' productivity objectives, contributing to business planning that defines the manufacturing budget. You will monitor and take corrective action to ensure that labour and materials are being utilised in cost efficient processes which delivers product to manufacturing food safety and customer standards.
As Operations Manager you will work across a number of different areas, consulting and advising relevant departments to ensure the effective and efficient use of all new capital investment projects, highlighting any bottleneck processes and taking mitigating action that will deliver labour/waste.
You'll deputisefor the General Manager and will support your team to ensure they strive to the highest of standards at all times, providing inspirational leadership and direction to the operational community to ensure that people are kept safe, engaged, focused and always delivering to their potential.
What we’re looking for
- You'll need to have previous experience of leading a manufacturing team within an FMCG environment, ideally food,and experience of working with customers.
- A sound knowledge of modern manufacturing methodologies and systems planning is essential alongside the capability to plan and implement initiatives in a complex organisation.
- You'll have a good standard of education either through full time further education or gained as a work based apprentice.
- Not only will you be working for one of the country's leading food manufacturers, you'll also get to work for a company that really does put people at the core.
If this sounds like you,join us andgrow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.