You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c.12,200 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 16 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 7,500 deliveries of our own chilled produce and that of third parties every day. Our delivery drivers supply petrol station forecasts and smaller convenience stores keeping the nation happy.
Tamworth is our newest depot, a brand new 160,000 sq ft site, which opened in March 2020. Be part of our exciting new venture in the Midlands where the team work together to pick, pack and process up to 3.5 million units of food per week at peak.
What you'll be doing
We are seeking an additional Warehouse Shift Manager to lead shift warehouse activity across our 3 shift pattern, meeting defined objectives and day-to-day operational requirements.
You will need to be flexible to work varied 6-2, 2-10 and 10-6 shift patterns as this growth role will support existing Shift Managers with volumes.
Your role will include:
- Providing leadership and direction to ensure that colleagues receive necessary training, are supported in their roles and are confident to ask for advice or guidance
- Covering the AM, PM and Night Shift Managers during leave
- Ensuring appropriate resources (people, equipment) are available to meet planned activity levels
- Investigating and communicating issues affecting the safe and legal achievement of the budgeted operational plan and where required prevent unsafe behaviours or use of unsafe equipment
- Conducting operational inductions and training as required and ensure the records are signed off accurately for filing and entry to the onsite training matrix
- Actively participating in the risk assessment, accident investigation, operational inspections and behavioural monitoring processes to ensure a safe workplace
- Communicating opportunities for improvements where trends and deficiencies are evident and affect the quality of service, safety, food hygiene or profit of the operation
- Setting staff performance levels, providing feedback on achievement and identifying improvement opportunities
What we’re looking for
You will need to:
- Be responsive to the fast paced world of food distribution
- Hold a minimum of 2 years people management/supervisory experience of leading diverse teams within a warehouse/distribution environment and contributing to operational business success
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be computer literate with the ability to utilise MS Office Suite for general recording and reporting
- Possess experience in promoting cost efficiency
- Have familiarity with pick operating systems, ideally Voiteq
- Be available for weekend working as we're a 24/7 operation; the role will cover 5 days across 7, on a rotation basis
- Ideally hold a supply chain or logistics qualification to support experience in relevant environments
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary in relation to your experience
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days
- Pension up to 8% matched company contributions
- Access to our company share save scheme to reap the rewards of our FTSE 250 share price growth
- Greencore Qualifications providing opportunities to train and develop within
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform 'my core benefits' for retail, restaurant and lifestyle discounts
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career