Position: Supply Quality Director EMEA, Ingredients and Packaging
Based: Haddenham, UK or Avignon, France
Salary: Competitive + benefits
In this role you will be responsible for setting and implementing the strategic direction for the Quality management of all the European direct suppliers; raw materials and packaging, in collaboration with procurement and in line with Global Supplier Quality governance. This involves proactive supplier and category management and development in addition to supporting key business initiatives involving new suppliers or technology. Manages a multicultural team of Supplier Quality Managers and ensuring effective support is provided by the team to drive and improve EMEA suppliers’ performance and support key business initiatives (NPDs, CCI, derisking). Also responsible for defining organisation, processes and tools to leverage the EMEA supplier quality function, in line with the global supplier quality governance and in collaboration with the Technical Shared Services teams.
- Develop and deliver the supplier quality management strategy for the ingredients and packaging categories, in partnership with global and regional procurement category leads as required.
- Work in partnership with Global Supplier Quality Centre of Excellence and support,
- Deliver global supplier quality governance policy and strategy in EMEA, ensuring proper implementation of processes and risk strategies.
- Lead and develop a multicultural team of Supplier Quality Managers in order to ensure high performance standards for the team and for suppliers, and to deliver the overall strategy for the ingredients and packaging category in EMEA.
- Coordinate and align with the different EMEA stakeholders, prioritize and allocate resources to effectively support key business initiatives such as NPD, CCI, Derisking, etc activity.
- Leverage the McCormick Growth Behaviours in order to ensure best for business outcomes.
- Define EMEA Supplier Quality organization, processes and tools to drive and improve EMEA suppliers’ performance and support key business initiatives, in collaboration with TSS and other EMEA stakeholders.
- Minimum level of education B.S. or B.A in Food Science, Food Technology, Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or similar technical field required,
- Required Intermediate or higher HACCP and Food Hygiene certificate,
- Extensive food industry experience required; of which should be in the quality control function (required) and in raw materials or related areas (preferred),
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of food processing, HACCP, risk management and sanitation ideally gained in a food manufacturing environment,
- Must possess experience in managing large cross functional projects and strategy setting.
- Must possess managerial experience.
- Fluent in English, French language and other European languages highly appreciated.
- Capable of representing McCormick at our suppliers and external agencies (critical).
- Well-developed communication, negotiating and influencing skills (critical).
- Well-developed cross region business sense
- In-depth knowledge of food processes, raw materials, and food safety and quality systems programs throughout a wide range of industry areas.
- In-depth understanding of how divisional and plant QA integrate within Corporate QA.
- In-depth understanding of the commercial environment and customers' requirements and expectations
- In-depth understanding of impact of strategic work on purchasing strategic decisions and how to proactively influence for the benefit of a quality and commercial balance.
- Sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills are required to exchange complicated information at all levels to include those not versed in the sciences (ex. sourcing, plant management).
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required to guide, influence, and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas/departments and suppliers.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills needed to set across business strategy for ingredients and packaging.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people and our planet.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and flavors to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers in 150 countries and territories in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a culture based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, ethics and integrity and growth.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team with a passion for flavour, then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 91577).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.