Technical Management with a difference!
This is a newly created Technical position working within a great technical team, supplying premium market leading products to leading UK food retailers.
Fast growing and highly successful, our client prides themselves in being a leading supplier of a broad range of grocery products to the major UK retail market. This is an extremely exciting new opportunity to join a fast pace business, within a technical team and will afford you autonomy and authority as well as offering rewarding training and personal development options. This is an opportunity for a bright and driven individual to join a leading award winning, independently owned food business of ambient products. With an international supply base in over 20 countries, supplying all major UK retailers with both Own Label and Branded ambient goods, along with foodservice customers.
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with quality, safety and legality requirements. You will work closely with factories and UK retailers to ensure customer requirements and expectations are met and exceeded at all times. This role will ideally suit a senior technologist or technical manager with several years of technical UK Retail experience, looking for the next step in their career.
- Management of our supply base including customer approval and maintenance audits, BRC audits and demonstrable implementation of all relevant customer policy requirements.
- Management of customer requirements in terms of policies, products, packaging and legislative changes and updates.
- Management of the business Foods Quality Management System and maintaining the business technical certification.
- Management of several key customer accounts.
- A degree in Food Science / Food Technology or within a similar discipline.
- Level 3 HACCP, preferably level 4
- BRC / FSSC Lead Auditor preferable
- Experience and a strong interest in managing internal, 2nd and 3rd party audits.
- Experience of working in the food industry and supplying major UK retailers.
- Experience and an interest in people management.
- Experience of working with and applying legislative requirements.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and strong written and verbal communication skills are absolutely critical to the success of this role.
- Willingness and desire to travel (UK and abroad)
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of Liane Stockman to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.