This is an exciting development for McCormick. Construction is underway for a new condiment manufacturing facility, opening in 2021.
Quality Assurance Lab Lead
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Day to day leadership of the QA Lab Team (Senior Technician & QA Technicians) including maintenance of HR data systems pertaining to the QA Lab team, conducting performance reviews and talent management.
- Ensuring team members are trained and proficient in conducting sampling, analysis & reporting for raw materials, work in progress, finished products and environmental samples.
- Ensuring all testing and associated QA lab and lab team activities are conducted in accordance with Company, Third Party and Customer requirements and in line with key quality performance indicators.
- Management of QA Lab budget and spending
- Conducting root cause analysis for material non-compliances and Customer complaints.
- Attendance and participation at routine plant performance review meetings
- Non-conformance management for raw materials (Shelf life extensions, Inventory at risk approvals)
- Quality notification management (raising, coordinating investigations and close out)
- Conducting internal audits (HACCP, quality systems, food safety, glass and Health & Safety)
- Lead and/or actively participate in continuous improvement projects
- Further educated to Higher National Certificate or equivalent.
- Similar role in a manufacturing environment working within Quality Management Systems.
- Ability to provide team leadership, including conducting individual performance reviews and development planning.
- Ability to interpret analytical and microbiological data.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing and capable to learn new skills.
- Ability to interact with multiple levels within the business as well as with external contactors.
- PC literate as a minimum, working knowledge of SAP would be advantageous.
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis and develop corrective and preventative action plans.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.no. 90729)
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.