Are you our missing ingredient?
QA Technician (5am 1pm)
12m Fixed Term
As the number one soft cheese ingredient solution provider to the UK’s major food manufacturers and food service customers we’ve achieved rapid growth over the last five years. Driven by innovation and quality we have ambitious plans to further our growth. To compliment a £multi-million investment programme we are now recruiting a second QA Technician to join the team and drive the highest standards of food safety compliance.
As a BRC AA site, our Technical team manages all activities relating to food safety, from our Quality Management System and internal controls to customer complaints and specifications. As one of two QA Technicians you will be first point of contact for all factory and laboratory quality activities; auditing from intake to finished goods and coaching colleagues in food safety and quality standards.
Key Duties will include:
- Ensuring all production paperwork is completed and the HACCP system is being followed
- Conducting GMP, Glass and Plastic, Hygiene, and Finished Product audits in line with schedules
- Completing and recording calibration of critical site equipment in line with schedule
- Ensuring actions generated from audits are logged, assigned deadlines and closed out
- Collecting, logging and preparing product and environmental samples for testing as per schedule
- Reviewing all product, swab and sample results to ensure conformity and action as needed
- Managing manual & electronic product hold and release based on risk assessment and instruction
- Communicating product hold and release to all relevant internal parties
- Completing complaint investigations with managers to determine root cause and action
- Ensuring all data is accurately recorded within required timescales to allow reporting of trends
- Driving continuous improvement, ensuring that the quality culture is driven throughout the site via cross-functional support
Who are we looking for?
You will have experience within food manufacturing with dairy and cheese advantageous, but not essential. You will be familiar with food safety and quality and auditing and ideally have some experience of conducting root cause analysis and preventative action implementation.
With a proactive attitude and an ability to work independently to assigned schedules, you will use your organisational skills to ensure audits are completed and actions are logged and closed out. You will be able to co-ordinate several different tasks whilst always ensuring product quality is of a high standard. A good communicator with an ability to coach and impart knowledge, you will be able to engage others in driving a quality culture on site.
Working hours are 5am – 1pm. Benefits include £22880 annual salary, annual KPI bonus and contributory pension scheme. If you are looking to excel your career in a market leading, innovation driven, commercially led business then look no further. To find out more visit www.dairygoldfoodingredients.com and to apply send your details, including current salary, to firstname.lastname@example.org