This is an exciting development for McCormick. Construction is underway for a new condiment manufacturing facility, opening in 2021.
Logistics DC Manager
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Responsible for inbound, intralogistics and outbound logistics in an automated Warehouse and managing the relationship with the customer 3PL partners, in order to deliver best in class site logistics performance.
- Develop and deploy objectives, goals, strategies and measures to meet or exceed established performance goals in the areas of safety, quality, reliability, cost, service, staffing and engagement.
- Ensure optimized performance of the automated truck & warehouse system to deliver best in class site logistics performance.
- Drive the organization to a culture of total employee ownership by effectively managing systems to drive empowerment and engagement for all employees and promoting active participation in learning and continuous improvement activities.
- Leveraging TPM / Journey to Excellence (JTE, McCormick term for Continuous Improvement) methodologies, systems and tools to establish and maintain comprehensive continuous improvement processes that maximize employee capabilities and contributions to drive improvements in the areas of productivity, reliability, costs, quality and safety.
- Develop, collaborate and engage strong cross functional relationships (Operations, Commercial, Regional Supply Planning, Customer and business own 3PL etc.), to deliver on cross functional strategies and best in class customer service levels.
- Ownership of operating budget and input into capital budget for area(s).
- Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, Management or related field
- Significant experience working and leading in supply chain/ operations roles in a warehouse/ DC environment
- Experience of operating in an automated warehouse / DC environment
- Experience leading multiple teams and/or departments to include direct and indirect reports
- Experience in achieving project goals and objectives by applying the discipline of planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about successful project completion
- Experience working in TPM environments preferred
- Knowledge of an ERP (SAP preferred), manufacturing methods and related equipment.
- Experience in the food and/or pharmaceutical manufacturing industry with a temperature-controlled environment preferred.
- FDA / GMP knowledge preferred.
- Ability to be an influencer of change initiatives
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.no 90462)
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.