This is a truly fantastic opportunity to join an innovative food brand who boast a strong presence within a niche and emerging food sector. Their mission is to commit to producing pure, ethical products that improve the wellbeing and happiness of their customers. At a time of exciting growth, they are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Quality Assurance Assistant to join the team.
Reporting to the QA Manager, this broad role will see you strive for excellence by ensuring all quality and food safety requirements are maintained to company and customer standards.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Ensuring all CCP’s relating to the HACCP are maintained and monitored at all times.
- Monitoring and evaluating production and processing procedures.
- Conducting Internal audits and swabbing
- Assisting in the preparation for external audits
- Monitoring customer complaints and monitoring and maintaining Continuous Improvement and Non Conformance logs
- Responding promptly and pro-actively to ongoing technical queries from customers
- Working with suppliers to ensure that all technical information is accurate and sufficiently detailed (and amendments are dealt with promptly as/when required)
- Assisting with the maintenance and review of raw material and packaging suppliers records and audits
- Generating product specifications.
- Maintain current QMS and assist in continually improving the system.
- Keep all QMS documents accurate and effective.
- Ensure all allocated daily/weekly/monthly QA duties are completed accurately and effectively.
- You will identify and communicate areas of improvement and how to best implement change.
This position would suit a Food Science or Technology graduate looking to start their quality / technical career. You’ll ideally have some previous experience of working within a similar Quality role within the food industry where you have worked within a factory and office environment. You must have excellent communication, organisation and prioritisation skills with a keen eye for detail.
You’ll also need to be proactive and able to use your own initiative, thinking outside the box to consistently reach and exceed high quality standards.
If this role sounds like the right move for you, then apply now or call 0345 2600 737 for more information.
Although we do our utmost to respond to all applicants, there are times when this is just not possible due to sheer volume so if you have not heard from us within 5 working days then we are sorry to say your application for this role has not been successful.
Also, please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.