Liquid Fusion creates some of the leading soft and alcoholic drinks in partnership with some of the worlds leading start up and established beverage brands. Established in 2012 helping retailers build beverage supply chains, we have evolved into a full technical solution respected as a market leader in our field.
We source, buy and sell over 1,000 ingredients from 32 core suppliers, with these ingredients clients come to our laboratory in Sussex to develop their products live. Enabling an extremely fast concept to market process while getting instant feedback.
In 2017 we built our own small scale bottling facility in order to test recipes while mimicking full scale production processes. This has now grown with a range of regular contracts and we continue to expand our capabilities within manufacturing to offer a best in class service.
Whats the role?
An exciting opportunity to join an award winning team in the world of liquid development. A fast growing business, working across a wide range of liquid developments from hard seltzers, energy drinks, alcoholic trending cocktails, low and no alcohol to functional drinks.
Liquid Fusion is looking for an experienced and organised food scientist, with a solid food / beverage technical background who is able to demonstrate an interest and flair in NPD. Being creative is essential whilst also being commercially aware and technically grounded.
With over 45 years experience in developing and building supply chains, we can offer the support and guidance to take your career to the next level. You will report directly into the directors of the business.
What does the Job entail?
- NPD on the bench: Both in live lab sessions with customers in attendance and various samples we have to makeup for clients to courier onwards.
- Updating our technical library: Managing specifications / MSDS from suppliers to ensure they are up to date.
- Recipe and Nutritional documents: Writing production recipes and finalising nutritional documentation.
- Testing ingredients: Manage and test new ingredients into our library.
- Sourcing Ingredients: Find and source appropriate ingredients for a new brief.
- Manufacturing support: Learn and support manufacturing where necessary. IE adjusting acid in recipes for water hardness.
What are you and what experience?
- Food Science degree or HND
- 5 years experience in a laboratory / creative technical process within food or beverages.
- Highly organised: At any one time we have over 40 recipes that are live about to be signed off, so supporting our head of development in this process requires a good level of organisation and being able to prioritise.
- Self motivate and work under own time management: We are a small company so being a self starter and work autonomously is imperative.
- Good communication / interpersonal: With customers attending our lab (subject to covid) for live sessions, and being able to answer questions over the phone a good level of communication is essential.
- Creative and problem solver: Often we are thrown challenges that require thinking outside the box, not following the status quo. Its our job to deliver for our clients and find a solution.
- Based in our manufacturing and NPD lab in Sompting, West Sussex, BN15 0DP
- £28k – 35k per year depending on experience. Will review higher for exceptional candidates.