Reporting to the Operations Director this role will have responsibility and accountability for managing and delivering excellence in operations performance against company Business plans and strategies. Developing operations teams and working closely with all business functions / processes to achieve best in class manufacturing standards.
What you will contribute
- Deliver exceptional Health & Safety / Environmental Standards and Targets
- Manage Quality and Food Safety Manufacturing Standards to be best in class for Food industry.
- Analyse Operations KPI Data and Devise improvement plans and strategies to deliver performance against all metrics.
- Implementing Continuous Improvement Lean Tools to drive Productivity and Quality Standards
- Develop a "can do" culture / approach through strong collaborative teamwork, communication, and leadership across multifunctional teams.
- Highest External Manufacturing / Quality Audits Accreditation
- Delivering Expected Customer Service & Quality targets. Full interface with all customer audits/visits
- Implementing Training and Development Plans and Supporting HR strategies
- Develop strong collaboration with ALL business Heads of Depts to deliver company objectives.
- Support Business Sustainability Plans
- To be responsible for personnel performance management of individuals s and teams.
- Ensure interface with business management s processes (NPD, IBP, HACCP, H&S, PLANNING & LOGISTICS, Capital Investment)
- Champion improvements in key areas of Quality, Safety, Cash& Cost saving, Productivity, GMP, Customer Service internally and Externally
What you will bring
- Demonstrate proven experience and successes in managerial roles within Food Industry.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving Skills.
- Good understanding of Manufacturing Processes and Food Safety Controls including HACCP, TQM.
- Qualifications .to in include knowledge of Food Manufacturing Environments (degree/diploma Food Science)
- Intellectual rigour with a natural drive to owning and delivering the numbers.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and working with high performance teams.
- Clear understanding and implantation of Leans Tools to deliver performance.
- Involvement in Capital Expenditure Projects
- Outstanding communication skills and Team building
- Excellent Health and Safety Standards and Performance
- Experience and Knowledge of regulatory requirements for food processing BRC.
- Strong honest work ethic and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent training and mentoring skills with the ability to influence, persuade and inspire teams.
Key interfaces: Logistics, IBP, Technical, NPD, S&OP, Engineering, HR, Capital Investment
This role has 4 direct reports and a headcount of 100-120 employees running a 3 shift pattern
5.6 weeks holiday plus Bank Holidays, Target driven bonus scheme, Car allowance, Pension 6% Employee Contribution, Group Income Protection, Bupa, Life assurance and health care cash plan.
About Frank Roberts & Sons
Our family business knows a thing or two about baking bread – and challenging traditions. From the moment we started in 1887, we’ve taken a fresh approach. Roberts Bakery began as a grocery store, but one that sold freshly baked bread to the residents of Northwich in the heart of Cheshire. We’re still based in the same lovely town, and our bakery is a local landmark. Everyone here knows our iconic cooling towers, with glass walls that show the freshly baked loaves whizzing around on their conveyor belts. While our experimental approach has largely been behind the scenes, our other hallmark has always been firmly centre stage: quality. We use only the finest ingredients to produce delicious bread and other baked goods. At our Little Treats Bakery, we believe everybody deserves a little treat from time to time. So we make, bake and decorate delightfully delicious biscuits and iced treats for everyone to enjoy. Find out more at: www.frank-roberts.co.uk/about-us/