Position: Senior Flavour Technologist
Based: Haddenham, United Kingdom
We are looking for a product developer with strong skills in development, matching, ingredient functionality & flavours technology to join our team on a Senior Flavour Technologist position. This person will be working in a customer facing role, establishing a positive working relationship with customers to drive growth.
- Actively working on own project briefs. Facilitating, managing and prioritizing the timely and accurate response.
- Assuming a customer facing role in all appropriate customer meetings, presentations, store support, trials and project updates.
- Providing technical support to customers as appropriate, in person and by written and verbal communication to support the customer intimacy strategy.
- Using sound commercial and technical awareness of McCormick ingredients, processes and customer requirements to deliver ‘right first time’ from scale up in the customers’ factory, ensuring a flawless launch in all customer plants.
- Maintaining company standards for administration, Health & Safety, GMP and housekeeping in the work environment.
- Supporting Cost reduction Programs, ensuring appropriate support by R&D teams maintained and initiatives delivered.
- Working on existing lab systems to maintain data and traceability of raw materials and finished products.
- Ownership for briefing to the Sensory Group and reporting results to the customer of any sensory or consumer-based validation tests that relate to projects undertaken.
- Minimum 8 years of experience developing seasonings for snacks.
- University degree in Food Technology or related field.
- Experience in matching and clean label seasoning design.
- Strong portfolio of wins through EMEA regions.
- Self-motivated, independent individual.
- Very good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Creative, innovative individual.
- Good team player.
- Problem solving approach.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people and our planet.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and flavors to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers in 150 countries and territories in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a culture based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, ethics and integrity and growth.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team with a passion for flavour, then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 91739).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.